Friday, September 20, 2024

52 Christmas Card Throwdown: Holiday Flowers

I am honored to be the guest designer this week at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown! It's a fabulous "throwdown" with a wide variety of challenges that helps keep me up on my Christmas card stash throughout the year.  The challenge for this week is flowers and/or flourishes.

I tried to get a flower and a flourish onto my card but other things called my name.  This is actually the third card that I made for the challenge.  I liked the first two and if I get photos taken, they might be worth showing on my blog. One even had a flourish. But they used dark and rich colors and with the warm weather still outside my window, I just decided I preferred light and bright. So I pulled out this fun little poinsettia and a "happy holidays" and created my light and bright Christmas card!

Poinsettia Holidays

I have a number of poinsettias in my stash, some are truly glorious. Somehow though, I often come back to this fun little die from Flora & Fauna. The sentiment is new-to-me from scrapbook.com. I love sentiments that include two different fonts and especially those that allow me to add multiple colors. 

I picked five bright and cheerful colors and cut the flowers and the "happy" then I added gold sparkle paper and some gold enamel dots to keep it festive. I wanted just a little hint of pattern in the background so cut with the Concord & 9th Stitched Stripe Card Front.

Thank you to the group at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown - your challenges are always an inspiration!

SUPPLY LIST

Dies: Scrapbook.com Happy Holidays, Flora & Fauna Poinsettia, Concord & 9th Stitched Stripe Card Front

Paper: Stampin' Up Poppy Parade, Lemon Lime Twist, Flirty Flamingo, Coastal Cabana and Granny Apple Green

Other: Stampin' Up Gold Glitter Enamel Dots

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!