Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Freshly Made Sketches: Nordic Fanfare Butterfly

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Amy and here’s what I did with it!

Nordic Fanfare Butterfly

I'm loving the Poppystamps Nordic series of products. Maybe it's just the "Nordic" that's getting me given that's a chunk of my background. I have flowers and pots and small butterflies and this is the big Nordic Fanfare Butterfly. I've used him before on this card, but I wanted to make him warmer colors. 

Nordic Fanfare Butterfly

Poppystamps is also doing a series of banner sentiments and it was in my head that I wanted that curvy look on this card, but it turns out that at least so far, they don't have a birthday sentiment which is what I needed. With the banner idea strongly in my head, I flipped through my stash and found this birthday die from Mama Elephant.

I made the background with the idea of a fence and the flowers beyond that fence. I'm not sure that's as obvious as I had hoped it would be, but I do like the look. I pulled all my colors from the floral pattern (by Stampin' Up but retired). 

I hope to see you playing along with us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

SUPPLY LIST

Dies: Poppystamps Nordic Fanfare Butterfly, Mama Elephant Banner Greetings

Paper: Stampin' Up Garden Walk dsp, cardstock in Calypso Coral, Groovy Guava, Petal Pink, Wild Wheat 

Other: Stampin' Up Pinewood Planks embossing folder, Petal Pink & Pretty Peacock Foiled Gems

10 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! I love all those Nordic dies too, but I especially love the colors that you chose for your butterfly, as well as that cool background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the gorgeous butterfly against the woodgrain fence, Kim! Bright & beautiful design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this...especially the colors. Keep talking myself out of the Nordic dies....and blogs like yours keep talking me into them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty. Love the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Nordic dies too, Kim and I love what you've done with this butterfly! Pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty card! I love the detail on the gorgeous ombre butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a fabulous butterfly and I love the colors you chose! beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is fantastic Kim! I love that butterfly! I might just be adding it to my wishlist now! Love the colours and the pretty paper too! The woodgrain texture is the perfect background!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These cardstock colours go so well together on this gorgeous butterfly! Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful butterfly, Kim, so delicate and elegant !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!