Thursday, March 28, 2024

Addicted to CAS: Easter Blessings

The current challenge at Addicted to CAS gave me the idea for my final Easter card of the year.  When I first bookmarked the challenge - which is the word "Bloom" - my mind saw the word as a verb as in "flowers bloom".  But as I was looking through challenges trying to find inspiration for the right Easter card for a dear friend, I saw the word and this time I saw it as a noun - as in a single "bloom".  Seems so simple but I'll take inspiration however it comes - it was literally enough to send me to my stash for this new Tulip Stem die from Simon Says Stamp.

Easter Tulip

I think it worked out perfectly.  I knew I didn't want cutesy for her and I didn't want pastel but I did want a cheerful spring card. The patterned paper is Garden Walk by Stampin' Up. I've pulled the blue flowers out multiple times as possibilities for my Easter card and it never quite made it on a card - but this card was the right card for it. The bow is from scrapbook.com and is cut in glittery Pretty Peacock paper. I knew I wanted a large sentiment across the bottom of the bloom and I found an older sentiment set from Reverse Confetti that fit beautifully. 

Thanks to Addicted to CAS for the inspiration.  (And to the card recipient - hopefully you got the card before seeing it here!! Have a happy Easter!)

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: Reverse Confetti Springtime Sentiments

Dies: Simon Says Stamp Tulip Stem, Honey Bee Stamps Scallop A2 Card Frames, scrapbook.com Bow Toppers

Paper: Stampin' Up Garden Walk, Soft Shimmer 12x12 (the bow) and Calypso Coral cardstock

Ink: Stampin' Up Pretty Peacock

Other: Stampin' Up Fine Sparkle Adhesive-Backed Gems

5 comments:

  1. Just beautiful! That tulip die is stunning against those pretty papers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it worked out perfectly too, it's lovely! Happy Easter to you too, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the peek of this pretty dsp through the die-cut! What a cheery card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I havent seen this die before - love how you showcased it! Pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! This tulip die is so gorgeous and is so very versatile.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!