Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Freshly Made Sketches: Hey Hi Hello

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Judy and here’s what I did with it!

Hey Hi Hello



I imagined a lot of different cards for this sketch. I saw a panel with a rainbow, one with clouds and one with sun. I thought about using three different patterned papers and a big sentiment. But I finally "settled" on a sentiment with three lines - specifically "Happy", "Birthday" and "To You".  Clearly I didn't actually settle on that. It was a nice mental picture in my head but I got stuck on how to decorate it.  Notice how the "hi" ultimately worked on my card with the bouquet of flowers extending across two panels.  That didn't work when the second panel had the long word "birthday" and I really like how the bouquet ties the panels together.  Only a crafter truly understands the drama of trying to figure out a way to decorate with that long word!!

Hey Hi Hello

The sentiment came from Concord and 9th so I dug into my C&9 stash and came out with the fabulous Friendship Garden set which has multiple tiny bouquets and fun holders for those bouquets. It's nice to work with becaue the little flower and berries are a separate die so very easy to get all the little pieces that you need and they plop right on top of the green stems. The background is also C&9. I thought about patterned paper like a simple gingham - it would have been nice but I do like a fresh white card.

I hope to see you playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

SUPPLY LIST

Dies: Concord and 9th Friendship Garden, Stitched Stripe and Hey Hi Hello, Trinity Stamps Modern Embossed Rectangle Stack

Cardstock: Stampin' Up Flirty Flamingo, Mango Melody and Lemon Lime Twist, Taylored Expressions Cupcake

8 comments:

  1. Love this. It's clean, crisp and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all worked out in the end and you came up with a cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how fresh and springy this is! The white is perfectly crisp with those bright colors! Also loving the horizontal stripes in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just too sweet! That little boot is so cute! I love it! Love the sweet little die cut sentiments as well! Such fun colours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving this color palette and it is perfect for this sweet boot and flower combination. What a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colors. Just the sweetest spring design! I really like what you did with the sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoy reading about your creative process and seeing the always-gorgeous end result. That wee gumboot and dainty flowers are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!