Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Freshly Made Sketches: Forgiven

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Jen Brum and here’s what I did with it!

Easter Forgivess

The die down the side actually has one more layer to it so it can be very dimensional. I played with it for quite a while in white and a variety of colors, but decided I wanted as much of that ink drop paper to come through as possible for the look of stained glass colors. 

Funny story though.  I like the idea of this card more than I like the actual card and I think it's because of that very ink drop paper that I worked so hard to let shine through.  There's nothing wrong with the paper and I've seen others use it and it can be spectacular.  But I am such a fresh and clean kind of cardmaker that I'm thinking I should have stuck with all the die layers in basic cardstock in beautiful colors then a grass green cardstock behind the church. I think I would have liked it better.  Oh well - we all have to stretch some times even if the results aren't exactly to our liking!

I hope to see you playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

SUPPLY LIST

Dies: Creative Expressions Triple Layer Collection Tina (the border), SImon Says Stamp Churches, Impression Obsession Easter Words, Reverse Confetti Stitched Rays

Paper: Craft Consortium Ink Drops Vivid, Memory Box Graceful Garden Glitter Pad, 

7 comments:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well this is fabulous! I think your colors shining through are just perfect! Amazing interpretation of the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, I think your card is quite lovely, as is. The other version you described would be beautiful as well. I have some of the ink drops paper in my collection and use it rarely, even thought it's pretty...
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely beautiful! I love that it looks like the rays are coming from the church! I also love the pretty colours and the sentiment! Perfect for Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how we agonise over our card designs! I absolutely love this design and think the paper is perfect! Love that little church die too. and the shining rays make such a great texture detail. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this would look beautiful with green cardstock or with this gorgeous paper. Stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those contrasting swirled papers against the detail of the white diecuts make for a truly stunning card Kim! Such a great take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!