Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Freshly Made Sketches: Easter Blessings

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by me and here’s what I did with it!

Easter Blessings

When I drew this sketch, my plan was a baby card. I was going to do stitched stripes and a quilted background with the cutest little stuffed elephant. But when it came time to sit down and do it, it just wasn't coming together.  I didn't like the colors or the patterns or any sentiments that I had.  Actually I'm sure the colors, patterns and sentiments were just fine - but my mood didn't match the card. Probably because I had this paper pack out on my desk from last week's card and it just kept calling my name! When mojo calls, I must follow!

Then the issue was what kind of card was I going to make with the paper? Easter is creeping up, so that seemed like an obvious decision.  I pulled out a variety of older dies and my mojo was right - this was the card that I wanted to make!

The cross is a retired die by Taylored Expressions. It's simple but it's one of my favorites for Easter and will stay in my stash forever. I used Stampin' Up's Subtle embossing folder to give it a woodgrain look. The sentiment is from La-La Land Crafts. It hurts me a little that "Easter" isn't capitalized so I'm kind of surprised that I bought it - but it does fit the space on the card and perhaps I'm the only one who cringes a little?!! 

I hope to see you playing along with us this week at Freshly Made Sketches.

SUPPLY LIST

Dies: Taylored Expressions Old Rugged Cross, La-La Land Crafts Easter Blessings

Paper: Stampin' Up Garden Walk 6x6 dsp, cardstock in Shimmer White, Wild Wheat and Mossy Meadow

Other: Stampin' Up Subtle embossing folder and Fine Sparkle Adhesive-Backed Gems

8 comments:

  1. Kim, I love how you brought all those sections together using patterned paper! I can't believe that this may be my first look at this Old Rugged Cross ... it's a beautiful die!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your mix of patterns and the cross die, Kim! Wonderful card. Yes, I agree Easter should have been capitalized!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can absolutely relate to your description of your card making process Kim! What a beautiful card you ended up making - love the glowing colours of the papers and they are perfect for your Easter scene (and yes, capitalised!!) Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admit, this sketch had me stumped. I love how your card turned out. Great mix of papers and a beautiful, classic die. I can see why it's a keeper. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! I havent seen that die before - the subtle folder was perfect for the woodgrain look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card Kim! I love the mix of patterns and colours! I also love that cross. So perfect for Easter! Thanks for a great sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is beautiful and your patterned papers are gorgeous! Thanks for a great sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, Kim, with this great mix of patterns

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!