Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches: Thankful & Blessed

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today the sketch is by me and here’s what I did with it!

Thankful & Blessed


I created this sketch with the idea of something I do often on my cards and that is just a hint of patterned paper. (Of course, if you are playing along with this sketch, you can use any amount of patterned paper that you want - I just added a splash!)  I found a vibrant fall paper. I love the surprise of the blue.  Then I added a pumpkin (by Taylored Expressions).  At that point, it needed a bit more and while I was certain I could find appropriate flowers and leaves in my Taylored Expressions collection, I also happened to have a brand new set from Concord & 9th already out on my desk.  It also has pumpkins, but I skipped past those and used the leaves and flowers.  (I was having a fun card-making afternoon so later I did use those pumpkins - but that's for next week!) I needed a sentiment to fit the sketch and found one by Papertrey Ink.  Finally I used my all-time favorite background - Stitched Woodgrain from Lil' Inkers.  The company has closed and I don't know what I'll ever do if I need to replace my woodgrain die. 

I love fall cardmaking - maybe even more than Christmas.  The days are still hot here, but the nights are cooling off already.  Last night was in the 40s.  So I'm sure the leaves are starting to think about changing - I can't wait!!

I hope to see you playing along with us this week at Freshly Made Sketches.

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: Papertrey Ink Keep It Simple: Blessed

Dies: Taylored Expressions Layer It - Pumpkins, Concord & 9th Playful Pumpkins die (the leaves and flower), Lil' Inkers Stitched Woodgrain

Paper: Sunny Studio Colorful Autumn, Taylored Expressions Mango, My Favorite Things Orange Zest, Stampin' Up Granny Apple Green and Azure Afternoon

Other: Trinity Stamps Glowing Garnet Embellishment Mix

12 comments:

  1. I love a simple sketch and your card is so pretty, right down to the textured background

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is delightful! Cute background, wonderful papers, sweet little diecuts...and you're right, that blue sentiment panel really makes it all pop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute little pumpkin! This is a delightful fall card, Kim. I miss Lil' Inkers too. There are a few cover dies I sure wish I had purchased before they closed. This is one of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just as sweet as can be!! Love this pumpkin. Thanks for a great sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty with the stitched background and big orange pumpkin! I just love the pops of blue in addition to the pretty fall colors of this great CAS card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your fall card. Great use of color, texture. - Also the sketch was really fun to try out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a beautiful card! I love that pumpkin and those sweet fall leaves! That background is perfect as well! Thanks for a great sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so fabulous! All these little die-cut elements are wonderful! Thanks for a great sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So full of texture and beautiful fall colors! I am a total fall fan as well! Thanks for a great sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is such a warm and wonderful fall card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty fall card, Kim. I love the beautiful texture.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the pink and purple pumpkins! Hope you don't mind, bu I'm copying this great idea for some Halloween cards this year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!