Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches: Playful Pumpkins

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Jen Brum and here’s what I did with it!
 
Playful Pumpkins


This fairly new set from Concord & 9th has both fun stamps (and dies to cut those stamps) and also some stand-alone dies. Last week, at the last minute, I needed a few leaves and flowers so pulled just those out of the set (since it had just arrived in the mail and was still sitting on my desk). But right then, I put this card together.  I couldn't just pull a few leaves and flowers when all of these fun little pumpkins and sentiments were waiting to be used! I don't make a lot of Halloween cards - really just my two older teenage nieces and probably my son's girlfriend.  So the cards can be cute but not too young - I thought these jack-lanterns were just perfect.

I hope to see you playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

SUPPLY LIST
Stamps: Concord & 9th Playful Pumpkins and dies
Paper: Catherine Pooler Sweet-n-Spooky 6x6, Taylored Expressions Strawberry Milkshake, Candy Corn and Mushroom
Ink: Taylored Expressions Mushroom, Strawberry Milkshake, Candy Corn and Plum Punch


9 comments:

  1. This is such a fantastic card! I love those pumpkins and they are not only so happy looking but in the perfect colours! They pair perfectly with that sweet and spooky paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Playful and so cute! I like your colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such happy pumpkin faces! Adorable for Halloween! Love the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Had to comment on your card in particular because it is totally adorable. I love that you made two of the pumpkins purple! It's a fun twist from all shades of orange and still perfectly Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops, I commented on the wrong post. I just love the pink and purple pumpkins. So fun! I hope you don't mind but I'd love to copy the idea for Halloween cards this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind at all! Have fun with the pinks and purples for Halloween!!

      Delete
  6. Love this sweet stack of pumpkins. The colors are such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute Halloween Card. Love the images and the colors you used. That purple is so rich looking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love these colourful pumpkins! This card makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!