Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches: Wishing You Joy

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Cécile and here’s what I did with it!

Wishing You Joy


I started with great intentions to follow the sketch exactly - right down to the leaf.  It wasn't working for me so I changed ideas...then changed again...and again.  I finally settled on a reindeer but after all the changing, now I'm feeling like I have to struggle a bit to see the sketch. I was definitely inspired...the sentiment along the bottom with two small strips of color above it is not something I would have thought to do without the sketch. I moved my main image off center at the last minute when I decided he really needed to be looking at a star.

The cute little reindeer is from Impression Obsession and there's actually a second one in the set - you can see him in the dies in the corner of the photo. Or leave the antlers off and you have a reindeer couple! The sentiment is from Mama Elephant. Nothing in the set is Christmas-related so this one probably isn't either, but it worked! The set comes with one plain banner to put behind the words, but I cut it in silver and blue, then moved the die and cut a thinner strip for my two narrow stripes. 

I hope to see you playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

SUPPLY LIST

Dies: Impression Obsession Two Folk Deer, Mama Elephant Banner Greetings, Alexandra Renke Snowflake Cloud, Memory Box Postage Square Layers and Star of Wonder

Paper: Stampin' Up Pecan Pie, Crumb Cake, Granny Apple Green and Coastal Cabana cardstock plus Brights 6x6 dsp; Memory Box Majestic Hues Glitter Pad and Polished Foil Pad

7 comments:

  1. Now that's a cute deer and I love the pretty star he's looking at! This is a delightful card, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, the struggle to keep a card as clean and gorgeous as Cecile's is real! I failed but had fun just the same - and think your little reindeer is just fabulous! and I adore those debossed stars!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this adorable reindeer! And I love the starry scene you've created. A fun card, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that reindeer is so sweet! I love her!!!! Love those snowflakes and sparkly stars in the background too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delightful card and full of the holiday spirit! So perfectly detailed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is one gorgeous card - am loving that image to bits!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That card is definitely full of joy! I love the fresh colors and that fun reinder.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!