Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches: Hello with Curvy Leaves

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Linda and here’s what I did with it!

Hello with Curvy Leaves

It's just a few days after the color refresh at Stampin' Up and I have to say that the biggest surprise for me was the retirement of Mango Melody.  It's such a vibrant and cheerful color and it's become a favorite of mine. I love the way it pairs with Flirty Flamingo and all the bright greens. I use it every few cards and through every holiday!  SO - this is just my formal declaration that it will keep showing up on my blog and today I made it the main color (and paired it with a splash of Flirty Flamingo and a bright green!)

Along with the Stampin' Up colors on this card, I used five different companies' products.  That's unusual for me. I like to stay within a company mostly because it narrows down my choices. If I am using a die by a company then I only have to look through their stamps for a sentiment. But the rectangles on the sketch threw me a bit and I ended up pawing through my entire stash.  I just got the Waffle Flower Outlined Hello and I realized it had the rectangular look of the sketch.  I tried multiple options for the bottom rectangle, mostly actual rectangles with stamps or patterns on them, but ended up liking the Pinkfresh Curvy Leaves (apologies to Linda for not finding that second rectangle to use on her sketch). Plus it allowed me to add a butterfly off to the side. This is Alexandra Renke's Layered Butterfly 8. Then all of that alone didn't fill the card front so I added a background using Spellbinders Postage Edge Rectangles. Finally, a few pearl "berries" from Kat Scrappiness.

I hope to see you playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

SUPPLY LIST

Dies: Waffle Flower Outlined Hello, Pinkfresh Curvy Leaves, Alexandra Renke Layered Butterfly 8, Spellbinders Postage Edge Rectangles

Paper: Stampin' Up Mango Melody, Flirty Flamingo, Granny Apple Green

Other: Kat Scrappiness Taffy Pink Pearls

8 comments:

  1. So clean and fresh. Love your take on the sketch and the colors and dies you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fabulous card Kim! I am really going to miss Mango Melody. It's beautiful and looks perfect on your card! Love that big hello and the pretty leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I think it all came together quite nicely! I am sorry about Mango Melody as well.....would have totally kept that over peacock feathers! I love all of the colors and die cuts on your card - beautifully done! You made my sketch look great1

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute assortment of dies you combined for this delightful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card for this sketch! That hello die is awesome. Yes to Mango Melody!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card 🤩💐 happy day

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these die cuts and that bold block letter sentiment is perfect for the sketch. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful! The leaves are so pretty and work well with that gorgeous sentiment.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!