Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches: Crocus Thank You

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Jacquie and here’s what I did with it!

 Crocus Thank You



I used the Etched Crocus Stems from Simon Says and I apologize to flower lovers. I googled and I know that crocuses are virtually always purple but I already had all of the blue papers cut and I didn't think the purple popped liked I wanted it to. Since I don't know flowers - this looked perfectly fine to me!!  I just needed a fresh and sweet card so used some favorite colors.

I'm still in the midst of reorganizing with both of my adult sons coming home temporarily(!!??) in just a few weeks (see prior posts).  I really had planned to get the guest room re-done, this is just rushing it. (My oldest son gets the guest room. We moved after he left so he's never had a room in this house).  The big problem is that guest room had become my overflow storage.  So the boxes of knitting supplies in that room have now come into my craft room (there's a certain logic to crafts being stored in a craft room!) but that also means boxes of card-making supplies are getting weeded out. But there's so much more overflow in that room, including a piano (try finding space for a piano, even temporarily!)  I actually enjoy the act of organizing but this is breaking my brain!!

I hope to see you playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

SUPPLY LIST
Stamps: Simon Says Stamp Flower Friend (I think it's retired)
Dies: Simon Says Stamp Etched Crocus Stems
Other: Paper, cardstock and ink by Stampin' Up

9 comments:

  1. So pretty. Love the blue papers and the pink & yellow crocus look great on it. Great sketch and great card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful card Kim! I love those flowers! They're so pretty! Love the blue gingham paper as well! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this sweet spring design, Kim! Good luck getting the guest room ready - mine is also the overflow craft storage room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a soft and pretty card and I'm thinking you'll be needing soft and pretty with 3 men in the house! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a real beauty! I love this combination of colours and diecuts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is delightful, Kim! It is so fresh, so sweet, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a pretty take on that sketch and I love those cool colors you used for the background and flowers. The detail work is so pleasing to the eye! Good luck in re-organizing your home. I don't envy the job you have at hand :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't envy you--haha! Good thing you like organizing! One of my favorite things about cardmaking is that we can make any image any color we want! I love your pretty flowers & the blue papers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello could I get the measurements for this card thank you

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!