Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Freshly Made Sketches: Peeking Daisy Hello

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Amy and here’s what I did with it!
 
Peeking Daisy Hello


I had an easy time starting this sketch but it quickly went downhill. I recently came across this Simon Says Peeking Daisy die lost in my not-yet-used stash and it was in my mind when I first saw the sketch. After that I struggled. I wish I would have taken a picture of my craft desk during the process.  I had so many circles cut to go behind the daisies.  I tried three colors, I tried three patterns, I tried different embossing folders. I tried one striped dsp - then of course any combination of those. I tried rainbow stripes through all of them (too much). I tried single colors with different colored flower centers (too little).  I wish I were better at visualizing - I wouldn't have so much waste for a single card!

Finally I came up with a combination that I liked. I did like my attempts at stripes so I accented the flower center and added plain but embossed colors on both sides of it to keep the stripes the focal point.  Then don't even get me started on struggles with the sentiment (black strips, stamped on the bottom, stamped on the top??)  I finally gave up and did a "hello".  The main problem with the entire struggle is that the one person that I routinely send "hello" cards to DOES NOT LIKE PINK. I can't even use the darn card.  The only thing stopping me from saying it was a waste of hours of my time - is that I really do love this hobby!!

Peeking Daisy Hello

I hope to see you playing along with us this week at Freshly Made Sketches - and may your crafting session give you a usable card!!!

SUPPLY LIST

Dies: Simon Says Stamp Peeking Daisy and Script Hello

7 comments:

  1. Sorry you had a frustrating time with this one! I can so relate to starting with an idea and then totally veering off course until you end up with something that isn't right at all for what you intended to use it for. But getting my fingers inky is a therapy in itself, and for that I am always grateful. While you may not be able to send it out as planned, we enjoy looking at this pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just the sweetest card Kim! Those flowers are so delicate and pretty! Love embossed dots and the striped paper! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was worth all of the extra effort that you put into it, Kim! It's a cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, after all of that your card came out ... fresh as a daisy!! and sweet as can be!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know that was frustrating but I have to say, the final card is delightful. I am going to case it because it will be perfect for a thank you card I need to make. So your efforts were worth while. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like the struggles I often have. But the result is amazing! So colorful and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable and I love the diecuts! Sweet card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!