Friday, July 22, 2022

52 Christmas Card Throwdown: Florals

This week's challenge at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown is Christmas Florals. I'm already behind on Christmas cards. This is the first week I've truly felt inspired to think about Christmas cards.  Maybe it's the mental escape from the on-going record-breaking heat. But I also need to thank 52 Christmas Card Throwdown because I definitely perked up when I saw Christmas Florals.  

7.22.22 Christmas Florals

This is a bit of an experiment for me.  I'm not a particularly creative person (the "coloring outside the lines" type of creativity) and I tend to stick close to classic color combos so for me, the use of that bluish-purple is a bit of a leap. I thought it would add a wintery look (plus it was already out on my desk from my the last card I posted!) As I look at the results I alternate between thinking "this is fun" and "should have stuck with red and green" so it really didn't pull me too far "outside the lines"!

I do adore these flowers.  They are Holiday Sprigs by Essentials by Ellen. Funny story though - I was just scrolling through my blog to see how I'd used them last year and I found this card - and it turns out I added blue and also commented that that was unique for me!!  I'm even less creative than I thought if I was proud of two cards just because of a splash of different colors!

I often try to stick within a single company's products when I do a card simply because it helps me narrow down my stash, but in this case, I just didn't have any that worked. I have a bold sentiment set, a snarky set and a long set by Essentials by Ellen but nothing that just fit in the corner. So I had a beautiful sentiment set by Stamp Simply - Wonder of Christmas.  There's a fun mix of fonts on each of the beautiful sentiments.

Thanks again to 52 Christmas Card Throwdown for the inspiration!

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: Essential by Ellen Holiday Sprigs (and dies), Stamp Simply Wonder of Christmas sentiments

Paper: Stampin' Up In Color 2022-24 In Color Glimmer Paper (the Orchid Oasis), Starry Sky cardstock (just the strip that looks almost black in the photo)

Ink: Stampin' Up Sweet Sorbet, Orchid Oasis, Starry Sky, Granny Apple Green, Shaded Spruce

Other: Kat Scrappiness Midnight Blue pearls

4 comments:

  1. I like your "slightly-out-of-the-box" color combo....those flowers are definitely gorgeous in the palette you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous use of non-traditional colors, and LOVE the sentiment, Kim!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! I love this colour combo! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card and lots of inspiration at the challenge. I think I might have to get stampin :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!