Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Freshly Made Sketches: Hoping

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Cécile and here’s what I did with it!
 
Hoping with Floral Ephemera

I don't think I have ever purchased pre-printed ephemera.  No real reason - I just have too much of everything and didn't want to bring any new types of products into the mix (because then, of course, I'd have to build an entire collection of those products!) But I saw this card by the incredible Nora Noll and immediately shopped for the stripes and the ephemera.  LOVE the colors, love the style - so much potential for easy, yet detailed cards.

I did add a little sparkle with stickles on the little berries and the small flower center. 

I strayed from the sketch in a couple of small ways. I had originally planned a sentiment toward the bottom as in Cécile's creative sketch. I love the modern look but this sentiment was just right for someone I need to send a card to and it fit better in the middle.  I also didn't want to hide the flowers so I left them on top instead of tucked behind.

I hope to see you playing along with us this week at Freshly Made Sketches.

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: Pinkfresh Choose Hope

Dies: Pinkfresh Ornate Banner and Leafy Branch

Paper: Pinkfresh Life Right Now collection (backside of Favorite Hits), Stampin' Up Watermelon Wonder (old!)

Ink: Stampin' Up Watermelon Wonder and Shaded Spruce

Other: Pinkfresh Life Right Now Floral Ephemera, misc enamel dots from Your Next Stamp, Stickles

5 comments:

  1. Love your take on the sketch, Kim, this is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is just beautiful Kim! That striped paper and those pretty flowers! Love the modern look to that sentiment as well! I guess I'll be adding some ephemera to my wish list now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand why you had to make a new purchase :) Those colors are wonderful together and I love all the stripes with those beautiful flowers and stems! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both your card and the card that inspired your ephemera purchase are totally gorgeous! The stripes work perfectly with these pretty flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these! Perfect for a gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!