Wednesday, January 5, 2022

The Card Concept: Fresh New Year

It's time for a new challenge at The Card Concept!  Check out the amazing tablescape in the photo!  My Clean and Layered card was inspired by the fabulous colors, the bold stripes and the hint of metallic!

You Are Loved


Can you even imagine dining at that table? Maybe I've just become too accustomed to living with a husband and sons because in my household, I'm thrilled if dinner isn't on paper plates!  Actually that's not fair of me to say - both my sons love to cook and understand that plating it well is an important step. Plating isn't quite the same as a full tablescape, but I'll take what I can get!

I'm challenging myself to use more of my cover plate dies.  They are not exactly cheap and I have a few too many of them. This cover plate die was an obvious choice for this challenge. I started with black stripes but as the card came together I wanted the softness of the pink.

Then I needed something bold and centered as is the plate - and pulled out this fabulous You Are Loved die. Then it looked a little lost on the stripes and patterns so I was inspired by the metallics in the inspiration photo to create a tiny little frame and add some hearts (although I did go with silver simply because I don't seem to have gold heart gems.)

You Are Loved

I hope to see you playing along with us at The Card Concept.  It's always fun to see what inspires each of our players!

SUPPLY LIST

Dies: Simon Says Stamp You Are Loved and A2 Thin Frames, Paper Trey Ink Cover Plate Stripes Horizontal

Paper: Honey Bee Stamps The Bees' Knees, Simon Says Stamp Assorted Holographic, Taylored Expressions Pink Champagne

Other: Studio Katia Magic Heart Gems

3 comments:

  1. I love the black and white floral paper peeking through! What a fun design, Kim this is terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely designed card Kim. I know what you mean about this tablescape. It’s amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous interpretation of the challenge from that photo! beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!