Wednesday, October 20, 2021

The Card Concept: Fall Fun and Thanks

There’s a new inspiration challenge at The Card Concept and the theme is Fall Fun.

Fall Fun


There's so much to choose from in that picture!! My Clean and Layered card was inspired by the colors, the plaid, all of the various woodgrains, the lantern in the bottom left corner and the beautiful bouquet with sunflowers and their big centers.

When the lantern caught my eye, I had a mental image of a bouquet of flowers around the lantern. So I ran to my stash and very surprisingly did not have a lantern die.  I let the idea go and moved on.  Later, I was at Hobby Lobby for absolutely nothing related to crafting, but I can't be in Hobby Lobby without wandering a bit.  It turns out the dies were 40% off and guess what?  Their Momenta brand had a lantern die!!  It was a Christmas set - but I just needed the lantern.  I think it was meant to be.

Fall Fun

The flower center was a fun find when I was cleaning out my stash. I've probably had these Dress It Up Fun Dots Brown for a decade or more, but they were buried deep under the embellishment stash. Since it was coming into fall when I re-found them, I knew they were destined for sunflower centers!!

I hope to see you playing along with us over the next two weeks at The Card Concept.

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: Taylored Expressions Mini Strips - Harvest

Dies: Momenta Lantern (Hobby Lobby), Honey Bee Stamps Fall Bouquets, Taylored Expressions Mini Strips die, The Greetery Shiplap Builder

Other: Dress It Up Fun Dots Brown (I found them hiding deep in my stash - so VERY old)

8 comments:

  1. This is so pretty...what a gorgeous set of dies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty lantern, this is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card design and the plaid paper compliments it so well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very serendipitous shopping trip, I'd say! Kim this is fantastic! and I love the planking on your background!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a wow card. Truly gorgeous. You certainly made a lovely card with that lantern and flowers. Just a beautiful creation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't you love it when it all comes together perfectly? I love the lantern and the shiplap is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful!!! Love the lantern against that wooden wall! That die is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous! The shiplap builder die is the perfect backdrop for this lovely lantern!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!