Thursday, October 14, 2021

Peace on Earth: Calm and Bright

 I've been seeing a lot of cards based on a new card challenge - the Peace on Earth Christmas Challenge. When I checked it out, I fell in love with their graphic and was immediately inspired to create this card.

10.14.21 PoE


I was inspired by the soft colors of the tree image which pointed me towards the dsp. Then the lower right caught my eye because it had the look of the Stampin' Up dies that I used on yesterday's card. Today's card has an entirely different look than that card and that variety is why I just had to have the dies in my collection!  I did originally intend to do a larger grouping of dies because I loved the look of the inspiration photo - but using only the two stars kept it clean and fresh (and calm!)  BTW - there are three other shapes in the die set and I intended to use a different shape today than yesterday, but the star worked with the paper!

10.14.21 PoE side

The sentiment is from Simon Says and is exactly what I thought the card needed to say!

Thank you to the Peace on Earth challenge for the inspiration.

SUPPLY LIST
Stamps: Simon Says Stamp Clean Line Christmas
Dies: Stampin' Up Gingerbread dies
Paper: Stampin' Up Whimsy & Wonder 12x12 dsp, Mint Macaron CS, Simon Says Stamp Assorted Holographic
Ink: Stampin' Up Mint Macaron
Other: Trinity Stamps Rainbow Reflection Rhinestone mix

8 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth!
    Diane POE DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL creation and fabulous interpretation of our mood board! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth Christmas challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    PEACE ON EARTH CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    P.S. Thanks so much for your support and the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty card, Kim! I like the shimmer on the stars!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is so beautiful and a great take on the mood board!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That tree was also quite appealing to me, Kim - these colors, and your ornament are perfectly inspired!
    This is going to be a fun challenge!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Those detailed dies are absolutely awesome! This card is awesome! I just love the soft and peaceful color scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, those dies do look elegant! I love the holographic shimmer and clean elegance.Great design!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!