Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Freshly Made Sketches: Welcome Gnome

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by me!!!


I didn't know exactly what I was going to make when I put this sketch together but I imagined a winter scene with a sentiment strip backed by a snowflake.  Then I was browsing my stash and a brand new light bulb went on.  The first time that my youngest son is going to be home from college is Christmas.When I saw this gnome from Simon Says Stamp - and their pre-printed sentiments that matched - I knew I had the perfect card idea for him!

FMS Welcome Gnome

It's just quirky enough - but not cutesy - for my 19-year old son, plus the sentiment says it all!  And if you'll notice, there's no bling at all.  (I can have three sequins on a card and one of my sons or my husband will glance at it, roll their eyes, and say "too much bling".)  I'll probably still get an eye roll, but I'll get a hug too and that's what I am most looking forward to.

The first person that I saw use this gnome was Laura Bassen and I loved the jaunty little bow she used, so I had to do the same with my gnome.  I found some older patterned paper that was perfect - if you'll look really closely at the pattern in the hat, it has hearts!!  It was a quick and easy card - even the sentiment is pre-printed - but it's one of those cards that feels just right!!

I hope to see you playing along with us this week!

SUPPLY LIST
Dies: Simon Says Stamp Gnome, Lawn Fawn Stitched Snowflakes, Lil' Inkers Designs Hearts
Patterned Paper: Lawn Fawn Peace Joy Love 6x6 pad
Other: Simon Says Stamp Sentiment Strips Everything Winter

8 comments:

  1. Oh my!!! This is so fantastic!!! I think I NEED that gnome!!! He's so perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beyond adorable! I just love this gnome! Wonderful card.....and it makes me smile! Thanks for the fun sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new direction you picked, this is CUTE!! Shhh, don't tell your guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! I just love that gnome! He is super cute, I mean manly!!! I think your son is going to love him!!! Thanks for a great sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect indeed! Ha, ha, well the men in your life should feel so lucky to have such a talented mum and wife who's so good in making a personal greeting for them!!
    Oh and I just Love the Gnome!!! Kawaii!
    ha, ha, still cute!!
    In Dutch it's 'schattig'!!
    Love the color's you used, no gold, silver or bling, ha, ha, good job!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is just right! I know that feeling, too. Several of those kids and grands are coming for Thanksgiving and I can't wait!! This is the cutest gnome out there. I'm not usually a big gnome fan, but this one is adorable!! Maybe it's the curly Q hat, or, and I'm betting on this, but it's how you've put it together that has me rethinking gnomes...! Definitely a more "manly" card. It's worth way more than a hug, but as a mama, that'll do just fine. And hey, come here for pie! We'll have plenty! xo Bev

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable! I love that gnome and the dsp patterns work together beautifully. Such a cute card and a fun sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the perfect gnome! I just love the fun prints and details (and of course, no bling, lol). Thanks for such a great sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!