Tuesday, November 19, 2019

CAS(E) this Sketch: Big Wish

My brother's birthday is this week.  I wanted to use the same mountains that I used here.  In that post I described my son's climb up a 14,000 foot mountain.  His hiking partner was my brother.  He's a younger brother, but neither of us are actually . . . young. And my poor brother has had knee and back problems.  There was a long recovery period afterwards - I'm not sure my 19-year old son grasps how hard that was for my brother.

So for my brother's birthday, I wanted to commemorate that hike with this fabulous mountain die set!

CtS Big Wish

I love this die set but have found it somewhat difficult to come up with a layout because it is so big.  But this card was meant to be after I saw the sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch.


The sketch left me all that wide open space for my mountains!  I followed the sketch right down to the sentiment being to the right at the bottom. I adore sketches!!  I kept it masculine but added some fun with the patterns and the border.  It's not a work of art - but it's one of those cards that is just right for who it is intended for!!

SUPPLY LIST
Stamps: Reverse Confetti Birthday Wishes, WPlus9 Encouraging Words (the birds - retired)
Dies: Sizzix Tim Holtz Alpine 

1 comment:

  1. It's a work of art from the heart Kim! I think your brother is going to appreciate the thought behind this wonderful card. Those patterned trees are darling!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!