Sunday, November 24, 2019

CAS Colours & Sketches: Happy Retirement

I recently purchased a "retirement" stamp set in preparation for a couple of retirements in my office...next year.  But a third person just surprised us with a retirement before Thanksgiving.  I have very mixed emotions about this.  She's 68 and has been looking forward to retirement for the three years that I've worked there.  (Her new bosses will be her grandchildren!)  My heart is happy for her.  However, I'm her backup and now I'm going into the busy Christmas season with my job and her job.  The rest of me is already stressed out.

Mixed emotions or not - I don't let any office occasion go by without a card!

CAS Retirement

For this lady, I needed clean and simple - she's a no-frills person.  And while I wanted it to be feminine, I didn't want pastel.  So I was thrilled with the colors at CAS Colours & Challenges.  I pulled out my old Stampin' Up patterned paper and put them behind a new-to-me trio of flowers.  I think it's just right for her!!


(And I really am thrilled for her.)

SUPPLY LIST
Stamps: Waffle Flower Happy Retirement
Dies: Waffle Flower Happy Retirement dies, Memory Box Stitched Tulips, Mama Elephant Femme Frames
Paper: Stampin' Up Pear Pizzazz and Rich Razzleberry cardstock, the older Rich Razzleberry and Blushing Bride designer series paper
Other: Honey Bee Stamps Black Gem Stickers

3 comments:

  1. This is lovely Kim and she'll appreciate your thoughtfulness. Hang in there, you can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card! Love the use of pattern paper for the flowers! Thank you for playing along with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I really like how the patterns peek out from the apertures! Very nice! Thanks for sharing your card with us at CC&S! :) I hope you'll join us again soon for another challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!