Thursday, June 6, 2019

Taylored Expressions Release Day: Wildflowers and Waves

It's finally here!  All the products you have seen during our sneak peeks are available in the Taylored Expressions store.  It's been a summery release - and I want to show you two more.

First - what is summer without a field of flowers?!  This is the Wildflower Background.

Taylored Expressions Wildflower Background

There are so many ways to go with this.  What about a blended background?  You could go very soft and beautifully bold.  What about watercoloring it?  All would be gorgeous.  I pulled out my trust Copics.  I got the flowers colored in and then decided I wanted to keep it warm so didn't add any green in the leaves.

Taylored Expressions Wildflower Background Copics

I gave it a good sprinkling of sequins for that sun sparkle that fields of flowers have in the morning then topped it with a glittery butterfly.  I pulled out the wildly popular Simple Strips Background and Simple Strips Die to create two sentiments that coordinate.

Taylored Expressions Wildflower Background

Here's the supply list for this card - but keep reading for one more peek.

SUPPLY LIST
Remember that the new links won't work until Thursday.


I understand that most people's idea of a beach vacation is bright sun and big umbrellas.  My best ocean-side vacations have been slightly off-season on the Outer Banks of North Carolina.  It's quiet and relatively cool.  Still warm enough to play in the water - but so incredibly peaceful.  Thtat's what I had in mind when I used Build a Background - Waves Stamp & Die Combo.

Taylored Expressions Build a Background Waves

The water and sand, plus the details on both come from the set.  I used the Here Comes the Sun Stencil to add the sky.

Taylored Expressions Build a Background Waves

I do love my scene, but there is so much more to do with this set.  It comes with a couple of extra dies to cut the waves.  I used the full wave and the splash stamps on this card.  Then there's also a die to cut a slit into the waves.  With all of that - be very sure you check out the rest of the design team's cards starting with the TE blog.  When you see the brand new mermaid tail from the Be a Mermaid die set waving out of the waves you'll know just how amazing this entire set is.

It's time - the store is open!!

SUPPLY LIST 
Remember that the new links won't work until Thursday.

4 comments:

  1. What lovely cards!! The flowers are so beautiful and I love the colors you chose. The little beach scene is so fun. I love the adirondack chair!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What pretty flowers and I like the way you've colored them. Fantastic beach scene too. I don't know where it is, but I want to BE there!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards! Love the wildflowers and the second card is my happy place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your beach scene card is just fabulous and looks peaceful and serene!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!