Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Freshly Made Sketches: Hello

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Jen Timko.


You can do anything with this sketch!!  I am still in my keep-it-simple mode.  I'm actually hoping I stay that way.  It seems like there are always new techniques and products and I always feel compelled to try them all.  But my true style is very clean - so this card uses two dies and embossed lines!!  OK. It does blend distress oxide ink on the background panel and that's a technique - but what a fabulous way to add a rainbow to a simple die!!

FMS Hello

The colored panel is behind the die cut.  I love the little "sparkle" flowers mixed in with the regular flowers on this border die.  It's such a sweet and happy look - so I found a simple "hello".  I layered it up with a few extra layers so it pops.  This is a 10-minute card (not counting getting the ink off my hands!)

FMS 394 Flat

I hope to see you playing along with us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

SUPPLY LIST
Dies: Simon Says Stamp Floral Sparkle, Script Hello
Ink: Distress Oxide Inks Candied Apple, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed, Twisted Citron, Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean, Seedless Preserves

6 comments:

  1. I love this -- the embossed lines, the rainbow colors, the pretty sentiment... A fabulous, clean card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the best die cuts and showcase them beautifully! Love this sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhh! This card is beautiful! I just love those die cut flowers! They are so pretty! Love the gorgeous colours peeking through too! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had a ten minute card! This one is fabulous and the perfect CAS card. I agree with Linda- you are a die cut pro!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in love with this CAS beauty, Kim!!! The rainbow inking popping through the die-cut and the layered up sentiment---so fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!