Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Freshly Made Sketches: Merry Flowers

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Jen Brum.


For reasons I can't explain, this simple sketch gave me problems.  I had initially decided that it was perfect to showcase a fabulous patterned paper in the background and a fun sentiment on top - but then realized that I hadn't purchased Christmas patterned paper in so long that my stash was looking dated.  PLUS - then I needed a vertical type sentiment, also nothing fresh and new in my stash. 

After a few more false starts, I saw this poinsettia in my not-yet-used stash.  First I tried stamping it on to a rectangle with some of it going off both sides, but I lost too much of its beautiful flowers and foliage.  Then the light bulb went on - the flower itself is vaguely rectangular (or at least I convinced myself of that because I liked where this attempt was going!)  The only stumbling block was the vertical sentiment - I had to go quite a ways back in my stash for this one - but it works!!  (I cannot believe how hard I make it all sometimes!)

FMS Poinsettia

I hope to see you playing along with us this week.  Take a lesson from me and don't make this too hard because it really is a sweet sketch and will definitely work well to quickly add to your Christmas card stash!!

SUPPLY LIST
Stamps: Avery Elle Merry Flowers, Papertrey Ink Season's Greetings
Die: Avery Elle Double Pierced Rectangles and Merry Flowers dies
Sequins: Simon Says Stamp Stay Gold
Miscellaneous: Nuvo Metallic Auburn Pearl Crystal Drops

8 comments:

  1. Well I like the directions your false starts took you in! This is one gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks fabulous, I love the way the floral swag fits over the sentiment panel and the colors, well it does not get any better than the traditional red, green and gold! Simply lovely...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my this is pretty! Love the poinsettias and the gold embossing is so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is such a gorgeous card Kim! I just love those poinsettias! They are so pretty! The gold embossing is perfect and the card so elegant! So wonderful for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous embossing and beautiful coloring. This card turned out just right!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love where your journey took you because that spray of poinsettias does indeed look rectangular! And your gold embossed sentiment is quite elegant. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can totally see the sketch and those poinsettias look stunning - especially with the gold embossed sentiment. Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you used the poinsettias for the bottom panel in the sketch. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!