Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Freshly Made Sketches: Joy

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Jennifer Timko.


I love creating little scenes so there was really no doubt what I'd being doing on this one.  I used that small box for my entire scene!

FMS Joy

I sponged on three Distress Oxides - Mustard Seed, Tumbled Glass and Broken China.  Then I spritzed it with a glimmer mist and let the Distress Oxides do their thing.  I built a little church with some frosty trees around it (although my short little bush was ill-conceived - it looks like seaweed!) I needed a strip of paper down the side per the sketch and I tried dozens.  I really didn't have any intent to go black and white but I like the more modern feel.  For the sentiment, I thought a simple "joy" said it all!

I hope to see you playing along with us this week at Freshly Made Sketches.

SUPPLY LIST

14 comments:

  1. Kim this is gorgeous! You totally aced the sketch. I really love the background too, and I really must give those distress oxides a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an elegant beauty, Kim. Your inking is gorgeous and I love the striped panel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done, Kim! I love the scene you've created, and your inky background is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're not going to believe this, but this is what my church looks like. A little white church with a steeple on top of its (non belled) bell tower! I'm obviously in love with this Christmas card, and the simple sentiment is perfect for your sweet card. I'm going to have to try some glimmer mist, now! Love what it did for your little scene. Wonderful card!! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. Love the little church and the inked background. Such a wonderful scene you created.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute little church, this is darling Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow your scene is as sweet as can be! I love how the whole scene is on that panel.....beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You managed to create such a full and beautiful scene in that narrow panel, Kim! I love every detail and color of your design take on the sketch!! ❤Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is fabulous! The side strip is a nice touch, and the little church is perfect for the occasion. Your trees do not look like seaweed...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful and peaceful card that depicts the season. Perfect display of texture and design.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The cutest card ever!!! I love your little strip with such pretty colors and your little church.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Kim! This card is just amazing! Love that panel you've created and that sweet little church! This card makes me want to sing Joy To The World!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a gorgeous scene contained in that tall thin panel. I just love the colors you've used!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your narrow scene. So much beauty in a slim space!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!