Sunday, July 1, 2018

Color Throwdown: Sending Hugs

I can't tell you how long it's been since I made a card just for fun.  Actually I can - probably since January when we decided to move after 27 years in the same house.  It's been a blur since then - trying to get our old and very lived-in house "freshened up", figuring out what and where we wanted to live, buying a house, moving, decorating, organizing my brand new craft room(!) - and in the middle of it all my youngest son graduated from high school.  It's all been wonderful, but not so much for making cards.  Don't get me wrong.  I do have various card commitments which forced me to take time to craft (thank goodness for those commitments - the time at the craft table kept me sane.)

Over the past few weeks, I've started to realize that life was settling down.  I also realized that it had been awhile since I had shopped.  So I sat down and made a dent on my wishlist.  I'm using two new-to-me items although probably not new to most people - the flower die has been on my wishlist for around two years!!  The sentiment is quite new though.

CTD Sending Hugs

As much as I love that die and the sentiment, I probably wouldn't have sat down to make this card without the inspiration from Color Throwdown.  I absolutely fell in love with the inspiration photo.  I'm not sure I would have added the bright blue with their inspiration but I think it's lovely!


This was fun!!  And I made it and am writing this yesterday morning and have an entire day in front of me to craft. Yay for our hobby!

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: Neat & Tangled No Words
Dies: Frantic Stamper Stitched Daisy Pair
Cardstock: Stampin' Up Daffodil Delight and Granny Apple Green, My Favorite Things Cornflower
Patterned Paper: Bazzill Basics 6x6 Licorice Pad

5 comments:

  1. What a great take on the challenge, looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for fun stamping!! I aspire to this right now!! Using you as my inspiration. :-) What a gorgeous card and I, too, love that sentiment. Wonderful, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep...my cas-loving heart is completely smitten by this crisp, clean delight...and the other two that joined it in your earlier post! Great to hear you're stamping for fun...I'm hoping to reach that point, too. Right now, still enjoying DT tasks, but I do miss the 'do my own thing' stuff, too...
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card- that flower die looks wonderful!! So happy you joined us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I am in LOVE!! I love the way you die cut and then put colors underneath the flowers. GREAT design!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!