Thursday, July 19, 2018

AAA Cards: A Wonderful Time

Earlier this week, I posted this card playing along with the AAA Cards Christmas in July challenge. Although I really liked that card, it's been bugging me that I was actually most inspired by their graphic which was a row of very colorful trees which I did not do on my first card - so I decided to try again!

AAA Christmas

And here's their row of trees.


I have to admit to a love/hate relationship with my card.  It's been made for days, but I just couldn't quite decide whether to post it or not.  Some days I look at it and think "ugh" and other days, I like it.  It's definitely not in my comfort zone.  I tend to like either soft snowy Christmas cards, or Christian cards, or warm and homey cards.  This is none of those so perhaps that's why I have days I don't like it.  (Or maybe it's just not a good card!!)  But this morning, I liked it - so decided to go ahead and post it.  (Let me be clear - it has nothing to do with the stamps which I dearly love.  In fact, I used the same stamps on my softer card linked above.)  But if nothing else, I have another Christmas card in my stash and I'm quite certain there will be the right recipient for it!

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: Neat & Tangled Scandinavian Prints Christmas with coordinating die set
Inks: Just a mish-mash of rainbow colors!

9 comments:

  1. Looks terrific Kim! I do the same thing. It seems the cards I'm not so sure about are the ones everyone else loves LOL!! Yes, there is the perfect recipient just waiting for the holidays to arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your colorful trees, and i have two cats too..no sons lol...anyway thank you for playing at AAA cards

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it looks great! Sometimes the cards that take us out of our comfort zone can end up being our favourites. And if not it’s always fun to go on the adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the shapes of these modern and colorful trees!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how lovely! I’m a bit of a sucker for lines of images and I adore how your trees echo the challenge badge. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I LOVE this card. The trees are so graphic and totally FUN!! Really lovely design!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Kim, Your card looks fabulous, especially because you are playing out of your comfort zone. I love the array of multi coloured, geometric trees. I am so glad you decided to post it. I think only we card markers understand the concept of relationships with our cards (lol). I am so happy, you like your lovely creation, because as you so rightly said, - the right recipient will love it. He /She will cherish the affection you showed by sending this card. Isn’t that all about the Christmas spirit – loving and caring. Thank you for playing along with us at AAACards. Hugs - Bharati

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you posted this as it is so cool! And I can totally see how you were inspired by the challenge graphic. But you took it up another notch and added some wonderful, yet CAS, detail.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! This is a really neat card! Great job with the challenge inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!