Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Taylored Expressions Zinnias and Sympathy

After all of these years of watching me create cards, I think my husband still thinks it is instant.  He has a tendency to tell me as I am heading to bed that he needs a card the next day.  I'm never quite sure when he thinks I'll do it given weekday mornings are spent getting ready for work!  In fairness, I do tend to obsess over each card and sometimes I really should just let go and let it happen!

So when he mentioned that a family friend from his youth had passed and he needed a sympathy card, I had to rely on products that came together quickly.  His family is from Virginia so I figured flowers on the card would be the right answer.  I pulled out the Taylored Exprssions Big Blooms - Zinnia then realized I didn't have time to color it all. So I added a sweet frame and just colored a small portion.

TE Zinnia and Comfort

I backed the frame with black to give it a bit of dimension.  Then I added a few sequins as teardrops.  I'm happy with it.  I guess with all of the time in the world, I would have colored the entire flower - but I'm glad I didn't have that time.  I think the detail in the image can stand alone in black and white!

TE Zinnia Close-Up

At this point, I'm kind of laughing at myself.  I like this card.  Maybe I need to stop obsessing and "let go and let it happen" more often!  But I probably won't.  In truth, I like the process of creating cards even more than the final product, so I'm sure I'll continue to obsess and I'll enjoy every minute of it.

SUPPLY LIST


2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous sympathy card, Kim (although I'm sad you had to make one...they're sooooo challenging). The spotlight colouring is eye-catching and I agree: no more colour required.
    Hope you're settling in to your new house. We've been in our new house/new town for a year now and I'm loving both! Landscaping on the agenda; the lawn/fence and gardens are in place, as are a variety of trees. Plants are next! Fingers crossed we'll see 'bursts of colour' happening as the summer unfolds...
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful design Kim, I love how you have done this. Will have to pin for future reference. So elegant and perfect as a sympathy card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!