Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Freshly Made Sketches: The Big Move

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Jennifer Timko.


Sadly, I don't have a sample for you.  As you know, I moved last weekend.  It went well!  We have a functioning kitchen, bedrooms and a place to relax in the living area.  I also have my craft room about 80% together.  So I had big plans to spend Monday evening making a card for this week while my guys were out at a game and I had my beautiful new home all to myself.

Funny story, we lived in a little house on the prairie for 27 years. It was only five minutes from town, but it felt like another world. We never even locked the doors; in fact, we had to replace all the door knobs as we were moving because we had no idea where the keys were. Flash forward to the new house. It's in a neighborhood so we are having to learn new habits. I've been doing well. Since I was home alone I locked all the doors. Then I took some garbage out to the garage. Turns out the door was set to lock behind me. There I am, barefoot and in my pajamas, locked out of the house - no phone and no back-up key hidden anywhere. Luckily there are still boxes out there - including boxes of books! So instead of making a card for FMS, I sat on the garage steps and read half a book before my guys got home to rescue me! No card for me this week!

But I hope you have fun with it!!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Kim, what an event! Good thing this didn't happen during blizzard season! There's always adjustment when you are in a new place. It will feel like home before you know it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my!! Assuming it was not too cold out and you didn't freeze out there. Nice "forced" break ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your new home. And sorry you got locked out so soon after moving in. Glad it was not too cold.

    I'm still trying to pick my jaw up off the desk after reading that your craft room is 80% together after only one week! It took me over a year to get my craft room back in any working order.

    ReplyDelete

  4. Wow I too am amazed how quickly you got your craft room together! You cracked me up, our last move was a similar situation, we were 15 min from a main road though but the subs that worked on our house nicknamed it Little House on the Prairie!! It was 2k sf so it wasn't so little to me haha. Now we're in a regular neighborhood and people just drop by all the time and I have to think about what I'm wearing when I walk around. Anyway locking out would be so me except now we have a code, so as long as I can remember that I'm good, but with my brain that may not last long lol. Thanks for your inspiring positive spin on a frustrating situation.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!