Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Freshly Made Sketches: Birthday Quatrefoil

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Linda.


There's a sweet lady in my department with a birthday next week.  I don't know her well.  I do know she likes to garden so flowers seemed mandatory.  I also know she always dresses in very subdued colors.  Based on those two clues, I found a subtle pattern with a gray backdrop and added a "trellis" type look on top.

FMS Birthday Quatrefoil

I've been so excited to have natural light for photography in my new craft room but go figure, it's been gray and rainy the last two days!  I haven't figured out how to set up a "studio" for days like today (this is only the second card I've made since my move). Luckily gray days are very rare in Colorado!  I'm still not fully moved in - but I felt better after many of your comments over the last few weeks saying it could take a year.  So I slowed down a bit and decided to enjoy getting it all together instead of killing myself to finish it.  The old house is still not on the market, although there's a photographer scheduled today so there's a light at the end of that tunnel!!

I hope to see you playing along with us this week.  I so enjoy browsing and being inspired by the gallery!

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: Taylored Expressions (TE) Simply Said - Birthday
Dies: Quatrefoil Cutting Plate
Paper: Miscellaneous floral print with scrap of gray to match, TE Blue Corn
Ink: TE Sugar Cube with Fine White Detail Embossing Powder
Other: TE sequins

7 comments:

  1. This is so pretty and happy! Perfect to celebrate a birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of those little flowers behind that die cut are delightful! This is pretty Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Organising crafty supplies is almost as much fun as actually using them! So enjoy getting settled into your new space. Your card is gorgeous and it's great how you've taken what you know about its recipient and worked that into your card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that sweet floral pattern..... beautiful with the trellis!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card Kim! I love that flower paper and the trellis die cut is so perfect (and gorgeous)! Your coworker will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a super sweet card! The pretty flowers look wonderfull behind the fabulous die cut!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so thoughtful with the cards that you design. You always incorporate some detail or color that is in keeping with the recipient's style. And this card I love! The die cut over the patterned paper is a wonderful design element.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!