Sizzix has recently come out with dozens of new folders. I didn't get ALL of them (although... eventually... maybe!) Here are four cards that show the "centerpiece" folders vs. the background folders.
This first card is probably the most complicated of the bunch and it only has two stamps and some die cuts!
I like this folder that has the scrolls in the two corners - what a nice way to showcase a sentiment.
The colors on this card come from Pals Paper Arts.
The other things that I was very excited about on this card is the scrolled frame stamp that is sized perfectly to fit into a Spellbinders Labels 10. The stamps comes from JustRite Stampers. I have always liked their stamps but they have this unique system where you have to buy their blocks in order to use their stamps - and the blocks are all sized to fit the stamps so you end up with a huge number of blocks to use just a few of their stamps. BUT...their most recent release includes regular cling stamps!! There are some absolutely beautiful stamps that you HAVE to check out if you have a collection of Spellbinders Labels dies.
The next three cards are most definitely clean and simple, and show how embossing folders can make be the centerpiece of the card.
|Isn't this great bling?? It's|
This last card has another very exciting new item. If you are a big Spellbinder Nestabilities user you know that you have to get Large and Small sets of the basic shapes (circles, ovals, squares, rectangles) to be able to cut mats that are 1/8" bigger, ie. one set is sized inbetween the dies of the other set. But...until now, the Spellbinders Labels dies only came in one size so if you used them to mat - your mats were 1/4"+ wide - that's often too big. Guess what they are starting to come out with? Those mid-size dies for the Labels!! So I have a smaller mat on my label die!!
I do so love embossing folders ... followed very closely by my passion for Spellbinder Labels dies. I am a happy crafter today!
Daffodil Butterfly Mother's Day:
- Stamps: Just Rite Elegant Frames Set, Stampin' Up All Holidays sentiment
- Ink: Stampin' Up Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip
- Paper: Stampin' Up Crumb Cake, Pear Pizzazz, Daffodil Delight
- Accessories: Sizzix Embossing Folder, Spellbinders Labels 10, Stampin' Up Butterfly Embosslit, Crumb Cake Taffeta, misc brown pearls
- Stamps: My Sentiments Exactly
- Ink: Stampin' Up Always Artichoke
- Paper: Stampin' Up Regal Rose CS and dsp, Always Artichoke CS
- Accessories: Sizzix Embossing Folder, Stampin' Up Birds and Blooms dies, Michaels Glitter Adhesive Dots
- Stamps: Lizzie Anne
- Ink: Stampin' Up Soft Suede, Marina marker
- Paper: Stampin' Up Soft Suede, Marina Mist
- Accessories: Sizzix embossing folder, patterned ribbon from Michaels, white gel pen, Spellbinders label
- Stamps: Just Rite Thinking of Your Borders and Centers (not a cling set - it's the kind that you have to buy a special block for)
- Ink: Stampin' Up Basic Gray
- Paper: Stampin' Up Vanilla, Basic Gray, So Saffron
- Accessories: Sizzix embossing folder, Spellbinders label dies, misc yellow gem
Beautiful cards, Kim! The texture is fabulous! You did a great job with the PPA color challenge. The butterfly is the perfect touch! Thanks for playing with the Pals at Pals Paper Arts!ReplyDelete
*Droooooool!* :) I love embossing folders too and now I'm going to have to go see just what exactly Sizzix has come out with! LOL! I love the Soft Suede and Marina Mist color combo on your Wonderful Mother card! Beautiful!ReplyDelete
What a beautiful Mother's Day card! Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts.ReplyDelete
Wow, what a gorgeous batch of cards. All that texture is fabulous Kim! The E/F, die & stamp on the first card look like they were just made for each other - beautiful. TFS. :)ReplyDelete