I love the saying on this stamp - my mom started our church cardmaking group and I am thrilled to be following in her footsteps!
When I pulled out the stamp, I knew it would fit perfectly in this week's Techno Stamper sketch challenge. This is the fun challenge that allows me to show you all the cards that are posted for the challenge so check out the bottom of this post to see the other participants.
The biggest thrill came when I was deciding on colors. I had just received an order from eclectic Paperie and they had tucked in a little freebie - a tag wrapped with five colors of the baker's twine that they sell. Lo and behold, three of the colors were exactly Daffodil, Celery and Turqoise (well, actually a little more aqua than turquoise, but I chose to stay excited) - and these were the colors in the Stampin' Royalty challenge!
My second card didn't have quite as many exciting moments - but I had just received my Papertrey order with one of the butterfly dies that I needed to layer up these butterflies:
Have a great Saturday!
- Stamps: Stampin' Up Eight Great Greetings
- Ink: Memento black, copics
- Paper: Stampin' Up Certainly Celery and Turqoise CS, Daffodil and Blushing Bride dsp
- Accessories: Stampin' Up Button Embosslit, The Twinery twine, Nesties scalloped square
- Stamps: Saltbox Studios (I think they are gone)
- Ink: Stampin' Up Always Artichoke
- Paper: Stampin' Up Rose Red, Always Artichoke, Lavender Lace, Springtime Vintage dsp
- Accessories: Papertrey dies: Mat Stack 1, Butterfly, Signature Series: Butterfly, Love Lives Here (small butterfly with heart), Stampin' Up Scalloped Border Punch, misc ribbon, misc "pearl" buttons
Here are the other participants in the Techno Stamper sketch challenge:
These are beautiful cards Kim. We've done and dusted Mother's day here as ours is usually in March/April. ZoeReplyDelete
Beautiful! Don't you just love all the twine out there lately?! I think I'm becoming addicted to it! Mother's Day will be here before we know it!ReplyDelete
Both great cards Kim.ReplyDelete
The first card is really crisp & springy, with such a lovely sentiment.
It's so awesome that you are following your Mum's footsteps with your church cardmaking group - such a fantastic fundraising idea.
I love the layering of the butterflies & the layout on the second one. :)
Both cards are wonderful, but the one for my sketch challenge is incredible. I love the colors. Makes such a sweet card with the baker's twine in the buttons. Love it. Thanks so much for playing along again this week!ReplyDelete
beautiful card! great sketch. Thank you for taking our color challenge this week at the Stamping RoyaltyReplyDelete
Wow! The first card is beautiful and the saying wonderful when it comes to fruition! Your second card is lovely too! I really like the DP and those pearl buttons too.ReplyDelete
love how you put this together! great card! Thanks for playing this weeks Stampin' Royalty Challenge!ReplyDelete