The first card is a CASE of this card by Arielle over on the colourQ blog. You have to check out her amazing colors!
The second card qualifies for this week's One Layer Wednesday challenge which was to use shimmer - NOT glitter or bling. Here's a close-up of the shimmer.
My favorite product for adding this touch of shimmer is Smooch Pearlized Top Coat. Stampin' Up carries it in their catalog, but it isn't proprietary to them so I know you could find it elsewhere.
I can't chatter today (lucky for you!!) because I have to finish gathering all the supplies for this afternoon's cardmaking gathering. I will be back tonight for my Friday Focus, but this week it isn't a cardmaking technique or product. I want to help out all of my friends that I have brought into the world of blogs, so I am going to talk about "following" and "google reader"!
You're On My Mind:
- Stamps: Stampin' Up Pocket Silhouettes, Verve sentiment (a freebie with an order)
- Ink: Stampin' Up Concord Crush, Bordering Blue, Pear Pizzazz, Basic Gray
- Paper: white
- Accessories: small pearls from Michaels
Thinking of You Framed Flowers:
- Stamps: Gina K Framed Greetings (this is their current freebie if you buy three sets)
- Ink: Memento black, copics
- Paper: white
- Accessories: Smooch Pearlized Top Coat
- Challenges: One Layer Wednesday: shimmer, not glitter or bling
VERY nice indeedReplyDelete
These are both so simple and striking. That framed greeting stamp is wonderful. I love your coloring choices for the flower and the butterfly.ReplyDelete
Not able to get any more adjectives right now! :)
Love both of these cards! I need to break out of my box and try the Smooch! I've seen it, picked it up and looked at it, but never purchased any.ReplyDelete
Both are beautiful, Kim! I want to read more about your cardmaking gathering.ReplyDelete