Tuesday, March 8, 2011

We NEED butterflies!

I love the quote on this card.  I made this for a wonderful lady at church whose life is constantly changing and who manages it at all with her deep faith.  She has multiple sclerosis.  Her 7-yr old daughter has had repeated occurrences of LCH (it's not cancer but is treated like cancer).  Her husband decided he was too weak to handle it all and left ("weak" is my word - I'm sure it isn't his word).  Now she is in the process of moving her family out of their home into an apartment.  And...she manages everything while working full-time and being a dedicated volunteer at church. I know the quote on this card is very simplistic when it comes to her life, but I also know that this is how she views her life - there will be butterflies. She's an amazing inspiration to all of us.


This beautiful butterfly and quote is from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps.  They have a very nice mix of stamps.  They sell digis and clear stamps.  (My butterfly and quote is from the digi set and I have sized down the butterfly a little bit as compared to the clear set). Their stamps range from beautiful and meaningful Christian sentiments to the fun little Cocoa Mouse.  Check him out on this Christmas card.  They have a new digi set called Circus Fun that really needs an excuse to jump into my cart!  (As if any stamp needs an "excuse" to end up in my collection!)
  • Stamps: Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Everyday Miracles
  • Inks: copics
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Concord Crush, Pear Pizzazz, Bashful Blue, Concord Crush dsp
  • Accessories: Cuttlebug dot folder, EK Success border punch, unknown leaf punch, misc flower, American Crafts white glitter brads
  • Challenges: Splitcoast Stampers Color Challenge and The Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Awesome job with both challenges. I'm sure it will brighten her day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! LOVE the clean crisp design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, Kim! I love the colours and it's such a lovely sentiment. Perfect for your inspiring friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Kim!! I just love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is truly beautiful Kim, both the actual card & the importance of the meaning behind it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!