Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Not Forgotten

Fido made it through Round 1!!

And that means I have to play in Round 2 of the Clean and Simple Design Team Challenge on SplitCoast Stampers.  The challenge was quite straightforward - the card must have a family title (mother, husband, etc).  I knew right away what I wanted to do.


This card has been in my mind for a year when a wonderful family from church lost their son in a Marine helicopter accident.  After a few months, it occurred to me that everything seemed "normal" again.  They had thrown themselves back into the activities of the church and we were all cheerful when we were together.  But, even with their great faith, I know they are feeling pain every day and they always will. 

I realized that I didn't want to ignore this "anniversary"...that I wanted this family to know that even with all the smiles surrounding them, we haven't forgotten their pain.

This set of stamps by Gina K is perfect.  The "son" can be replaced by husband, daughter, brother and many more.  The inside sentiments are all beautiful yet simple.  This card includes the sentiment "Holidays are so hard without the ones we love".

I took a picture of a money-saving idea that I wanted to show you.  It seems a little jarring after the last few paragraphs, but I realize only a few of my readers know who I am talking about and are feeling pain - so here's my money-saving idea.

There are wonderful scoring tools out there.  I spent $40 on a Scor-Pal.  Some have down-sized and are cheaper and even Martha Stewart has a scoring tool at the craft scores (can you say coupon?).  But do you need one of these tools? 


Just use your paper cutter and a bone folder or an embossing stylus.  The measurements are all on your cutter so you can accomplish any scoring that you could on a Scor-Pal!
  • Stamps: Gina K Not Forgotten, PaperTrey Life
  • Ink: PaperTrey Ripe Avocado, Stampin' Up Crumb Cake
  • Paper: PaperTrey Kraft, Terracotta Tile
  • Accessories: Nestabilities label die, Mark Richards nailheads, Martha Stewart butterfly punch

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!