Set 254 & 255 - Cold & Cuddly, Gifts of Christmas
I have been able to spend a lot of time in my craft corner today and I took full advantage of it. The kids are off school tomorrow and I probably should clean a little given the relatives are coming to my house - so much less crafting time. I don't have to worry about cooking though, because my husband LOVES doing the entire Thanksgiving meal. Lucky, aren't I???
The first cards uses the color challenge from My Create, Ink. If you haven't been to My Create, Ink, be sure to visit. They have a great color combination generator. You just put in a color or two or three, and they come back with dozens of color combinations for you to try!
I did this for my young niece. It's absolutely perfect because I am also making her these cute little stuffed animals. (You can download the pattern at http://www.yarn.com/)
The second card started with the paper. I purchased a pad of K&Co paper called Alleghany Plum. I don't know if it is new paper, but it's new to me. The colors in the pad are spectacularly rich. About half of them are fall tone colors and about half are rich purples and blues that I wanted to use for winter.
I am just giddy over the rich colors in this card!
The layout for this card came from Techno Stamper. The sketch shows the patterned paper on only half of the card - but I love the paper so much I had to use it ALL!
- Stamps: Stampin' Up Cold & Cuddly, PaperTrey Banner Builder (just the pole for the banner)
- Inks: black, Stampin' Up Pink Pirouette, Garden Green
- Paper: Stampin' Up Candy Cane dsp, Baja Breeze
- Accessories: Martha Stewart crystal fine glitter, EK Success border punch, Paper Trey banner die, Crystal Stickers heart gem, Mark Richards snowball dome sticker
- Stamps: Stampin' Up Gifts of Christmas
- Inks: Old Olive and Elegant Eggplant markers
- Paper: K&Co Alleghany Plum, Stampin' Up Elegant Eggplant and silver CS
- Accessories: Tsukineka Platinum All-Purpose Ink (purchased from Stampin' Up), Memory Box Jewel Stickers Sparkling Snowflakes
very cute cards.. and I love the little animals.. there is also another friday challenge site www.fridaymashup.blogspot.com its a snowman challenge this week..ReplyDelete
Fabulous! I just love this card with my sketch, that is such a wonderful image and the snowflakes on the side are perfect. I adore you little animals too. So cute. And that first card is just darling too. Love that little guy, penguins are just adorable. Thanks so much for playing along this week with my sketch challenge.ReplyDelete
I love both cards! The penguin is so cute (and perfect with the gift) and the dove is so elegant! Thanks for playing along with the ColorLab challenge!ReplyDelete
Great cards! Love that little penguin! Thanks for playing along with us at the ColorLab!!ReplyDelete