Friday, December 15, 2017

Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge: 'Tis the Season

It's time for a new challenge at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge: Pines.


It's a huge day for Curtain Call.  We have two guest designers:
Elizabeth StewartPaper Sweetness
Julie Gearinger, Stamping with Julie Gearinger
We also have all of our past design team members back for a big reunion. Why the big reunion?  Because after this challenge, Curtain Call will be bringing down the curtain.  We have had an amazing team of designers over the years - it's been an honor to be part of this team. A big thank you to Stacey Schafer for being our inspiration.  And thank you to all of our sponsors. 

For my card, I pulled out a large variety of dies that represented the various images in the inspiration photo - a pinecone, pine sprigs, a twig and some light blue "berries".  I also recently purchased this sentiment set - and I loved the way it fit in with my grouping of pines.

CC 'Tis the Season

I kept the background clean and white just like the inspiration.  A few of the pieces are spritzed with glimmer mist.  I added a few sequins for the look of berries.  I also added some white enamel dots (mostly because after I had everything adhered, I regretted not stenciling some glittery snowflakes in the background - so the enamel dots are my substitute.)

The thin frame was a last minute requirement.  I originally adhered the pieces directly to a white cardbase.  I got them all on and realized it was all upside down!!  Luckily that's an easy fix - just trimmed off the front of the card - which made it a bit too small - so I trimmed the sides and added a subtle frame.

I hope to see you playing along!

SUPPLY LIST

Dies: Concord & 9th Season of Cheer, Dee's Pinecone, Impression Obsession Pine Sprig Cluster, Cottage Cutz Spruce Stems (the twig), Memory Box Floral Sprigs (the light blue sprig)
Cardstock: Stampin' Up Cherry Cobbler, Sahara Sand, Garden Green, Baked Brown Sugar, Soft Suede, Soft Sky
Other: sequins, Doodlebug white glitter dots

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful take on the inspiration, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card Kim. Love the layered pine cone! The die-cut greeting looks great! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, Kim. Thanks for all your hard work behind the scenes to get us up and running and keeping us organized for so long ♥ Blessings for a fabulous Christmas Season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is fabulous, Kim! I love your wonderful take on the inspiration photo! I've really enjoyed being on this team with you -- wishing you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful, Kim! It has been a great being on this challenge team! Of course, I will still see your lovely creations in blogland! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Kim! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your mix of dies, such a fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like every little thing about this pretty card Kim! You've been an incredible designer for the team!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning take on the inspiration photo, Kim. I'm sad to see the final curtain drawn on Curtain Call. While I didn't always have opportunity to play along, the incredible talents you and the team shared were always appreciated. Perhaps, somewhere down the road, we'll see these stellar performers back on the stage...I certainly hope so!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!