Sunday, May 28, 2017

Taylored Expressions: Sip, Sip Hooray!

No matter that the calendar says summer starts on June 20th, it really starts right now with the three-day weekend to celebrate Memorial Day.   I don't think there's much better on a hot summer day than fresh-squeezed lemonade...with an umbrella for shade!

TE Sip, Sip Hooray

My oldest is home from college and my youngest just finished his junior year of high school. None of us work tomorrow - so I put my foot down and insisted on family time.  We're doing barbecue (my husband uses a meat smoker - it's heavenly all day long!)  Sadly, the weather forecast is fairly stormy so my fantasy of a long walk, maybe some frisbee or badminton, then sitting on the deck probably won't come true.  But our beloved Colorado Rockies baseball team (who just happen to be at the top of the league!) play in the afternoon so we may settle in to the lounge chairs with the game on and probably play some cards.  This may not seem particularly exciting but usually it seems like we are all running in different directions so I plan on enjoying the time together - no matter what we're doing!


SUPPLY LIST

6 comments:

  1. This is lovely!! Love the stamping and the embossed background. Beautiful design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your description of how you plan to spend Memorial Day is perfect. Nothing better than spending time with family! And I love the summertime feel of your card. It sure makes me want a refreshing glass of lemonade!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, fresh squeezed lemonade and summer go hand in hand!! I also agree on the family time...those are the BEST days! Delightful card Kim. Enjoy your holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Family time? No scheduled events? Togetherness? Good for you! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card. I love the cheery colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card, Kim! It just screams summer and the white background really makes this adorable image pop.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!