This is my second post today.
In my previous post, I noted that I had four hours carved out today for cardmaking. The reason only four hours is that it's marching season and both of my children are at a competition. They march this afternoon in the preliminary competition. Typically I go for the full day and take notes on the competition so I'm feeling a little guilty sitting here crafting (but not too guilty!). In this particular competition they would have to completely fall apart to not make finals tonight so I figure I'll see most of the bands this evening.
The next challenge I want to play today is Mojo Monday. As soon as I saw it, it occurred to me that I had not thought about making cards for my guys. Although the cards are lost and forgotten as soon as they are opened - they would definitely notice if I forgot. Check out the great paper. Clearly it's meant for a football card - but as they say..."what is the football team doing on the band field"?
For the second child, I noticed the sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch - perfect for a line of music and a sentiment. This card uses the colors of their uniforms which always feels a little militaristic - but he'll like it.
Dude You Rock:
- Stamps: Verve Dude
- Paper: Echo Park That's My Boy 6x6 pad, Papertrey Ink Simply Chartreuse, Stampin' Up Night of Navy
- Ink: Stampin' Up Night of Navy, Papertrey Ink Simply Chartreuse
- Accessories: My Favorite Things Fishtail dies, misc button and twine
Absolutely Proud of You:
- Stamps: Simon Says Absolutely
- Paper: Echo Park That's My Boy 6x6 pad, Simon Says Schoolhouse Red, Stampin' Up Night of Navy
- Ink: Stampin' Up Night of Navy
- Accessories: Simon Says Absolutely die, Memory Box music, Papertrey Arrow, Doodlebug Graduation Stars Sprinkles