The new challenge at Catered Crop is Garden Party. I absolutely love how Linda introduces each challenge with a quote...
I went to a garden party to reminisce
with my old friends
A chance to share old memories
and play our songs again.
~ lyrics by Ricky Nelson, 1972
I have flowers for you today, but I also have a kaleidoscope of butterflies - that is seriously what a group of butterflies is called. Either that - or swarm or rabble. but doesn't kaleidoscope sound beautiful? I think many of you have moved past shaker cards - but I am still loving them! I recently got a die that cuts teeny tiny butterflies and decided that butterflies were very representative of a garden.
This is the first card that I made - I keep saying that shaker cards will always cheer up the recipient, so I decided a get well card would be perfect. But after I made it, I realized it didn't work with the "party" part of the challenge so I have another to share also.
Now for a card that is more garden "party". I am still using the teeny, tiny butterfly but went for a "celebrate" card with much brighter colors. I would like to be in this garden!
I hope you play along with the Catered Crop Garden Party challenge. Linda always curates a Pinterest board full of inspiration when the challenge first comes out. Then the following Sunday, she brings together all of the design team cards. Here's this week's Pinterest board - just click anywhere on this graphic to go to the complete Pinterest board.
- Stamps: Verve Lean on Me (flower), With Love (sentiment)
- Paper: Echo Park Sweet Day 6x6, Papertrey Melon Berry and Lemon Tart, Stampin' Up Sage Shadow,
- Ink: Memento Black, Copics
- Accessories: Verve Pointed Flowers die, Spellbinders narrow rectangle die (they don't next exactly so I cut the center rectangle then used my paper trimmer to cut the border), MFT Stitched Circle STAX and Flying Butterflies die, Martha Stewart ribbon, Hemptique 10-lb Natural Twine, two sizes of hole punches
Celebrate Your Special Day
- Stamps: My Favorite Things Birthday Greetings
- Paper: My Favorite Things Wild Cherry, Berrylicious and Primitive White, Simon Says Stamps Sunshine, Fog and Smoke, My Mind's Eye Blink of an Eye 6x6
- Ink: Memento Black
- Accessories: Pretty Pink Posh 4 mm sparkling clear sequins, My Favorite Things Rectangle Frames die, Gerbera Daisy die, Flying Butterflies die, Fishtail Layers die, Berrylicious button, Hemptique 10-lb white twine