Saturday, April 13, 2013

WPlus9 Mood Board with Blanket Stitching

It's been a really tough week with my class work - not many posts from me!  I'm afraid it's going to be a little overwhelming the next two weeks also.  I have a class this semester that seems to be twice as much work as any other - and even putting in that much work, I can never quite please the professor - so then I work even harder!  I got up extra early to be able to make a card this morning and didn't love sitting at my craft table as much as usual because I kept thinking about the paper that I need to be writing.  But...stick with me....I just have another couple of weeks with this class!!

I had gotten some new goodies from WPlus9 - one of which is a fun Blanket Stitched Bloom set - it's not like anything else that I own - so it seemed like a great set to play with this morning!

Get Well Wishes
I was inspired by this week's WPlus9 Mood Board.

  • Stamps: WPlus9 Blanket Stitched Blooms
  • Paper: Simple Stories Vintage Bliss, Stampin' Up Regal Rose
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Regal Rose, Old Olive, Lucky Limeade, Summer Sun; Papertrey Ink Melon Berry, Harvest Gold; Memento Gray Flannel
  • Accessories: Papertrey Ink Harvest Gold button, May Arts twine, WPlus9 Blanket Stitched dies

13 comments:

  1. Great card. Love those little blanket stitched flowers. You've really captured the essence of the Mood Board. The yellow button is perfect with this card too. Hang in there with your class...and remember, you get to fill in an evaluation about him at the end of the semester! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card, Kim! Even though your mind was elsewhere, your 'muse' was certainly focused on a pretty and eye-catching design. Lovely! I'll echo Bev's comment: you'll do a fantastic job with your paper, because you're intelligent, a strong writer and have 'authentic research' as foundation for your ideas. I know what it's like to 'work harder' when we can't seem to please someone. Remember: there are those who won't ever be pleased, no matter what you do. We all know you're giving this course 'your all' - so forge ahead! And if you need any 'proofreaders,' I'm sure a number of us would step up to help out (my background = high school English teacher).
    Enjoy the day; enjoy how much you've inspired us with your cards and your return to school!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous - those blanket-stitch flowers are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree what cm wrote to you.
    I wish you and I know that you will get through this class with the great results! Just believe in yourself and don't let other people to make you feel down.
    Your card is amazing! You are a very talented lady!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great take on the mood board. Love your design. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card! So bright and sunny (unlike the weather we are having). Hope the next two weeks go fast for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty, Kim ... a splendid take on the mood board ... such a happy card! Good luck with the next couple of weeks! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I so can't wait for this set to reach our shores!!! I love those sweet little stitched flowers, the irregular shape is divine and I love how you've placed them on this Gorgeous card Kim :0)
    That's exactly the feeling I have if I try to craft when James is off school which is why my blog is quieter in the school holidays!!! Good luck with your studies.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think of a light spring quilt when I see this one! Just lovely, Kim. Thanks for all your help with Feedly! Am feeling it is a nice "fit" for me now that I have been able to sort my posts. Can focus on my favs when short of time ... And view my other much loved blogs when I am relaxing. Much more efficient. Easy! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Kim. I love those sweet flowers on the stitched mat, perfect for a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!