Thursday, April 4, 2013

Something Wonderful with twine

The current challenge at Catered Crop is "Twine Love" and I do love twine!  It's so versatile - for my card today, I let it take center stage to highlight this "wonderful" sentiment!  But it works just as easily to tie a button - or to add a simple strip across a card for that little accent that makes it perfect.

Something Wonderful
Catered Crop

If you have not played along, Catered Crop is a great challenge.  It runs for two weeks.  On the first week, Linda has a Pinterest inspiration board for the theme, so you can get lots of ideas just by seeing what she has pinned.  (This week's twine board includes bacon out of twine!!?)  But if the inspiration board isn't quite enough to get you started, on the second week, the design team posts their take on the challenge.  So you get LOTS of inspiration out of a single challenge!
Pinterest: Twine Love
And something wonderful has happened for me - I get to start designing for them!! You'll be seeing lots more from me - and I hope I inspire you to check it out and play along!

The sentiment is from a new set by The Alley Way Stamps - I love what it says.  This set is full of unique sayings that are different from anything that I already own.

And, yes, this is two days in a row that I jumped on the sequin trend!!


iPad Users: The iPad/iPod tab at the top of my page has been updated.  Mostly just removing a lot of clutter so it's much easier to use now!

  • Stamps: The Alley Way Stamps Life Is Short
  • Paper: white
  • Ink: Memento black
  • Accessories: The Twinery Tangerine and Caribbean, Timeless Twine Lemonade Yellow, Sequins are a mixed package from the Etsy Shop Endless Inkabilities, Stampin' Up diagonal score board

12 comments:

  1. Holy Smokes. I love this. Welcome to Catered Crop, Kim! I'm so tickled to have you. Oooo, and I'm going to check out all those iPad apps. So smart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way you used the twine...fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim your card is beautiful. So crisp and clean--LOVE it. How do you tie you twine bows, they are perfectly balance. Do you double loop or wrap around?

    Congrats on designing for Catered Crop--looking forward to seeing what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the Catered Crop role; you are a perfect fit, and I'm so looking forward to yet more of your inspiring, dazzling creations. Your card here is stunning! I wish twine and I could forge a positive relationship. As soon as bows or knots are involved, I just hang my head - can't make a decent bow, no matter how hard I try (and the Bow Easy hasn't helped). So, I'll admire 'from afar' (perhaps more practice?). I'll echo Tracey's comments - how do you tie those bows?
    Enjoy your Thursday!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yippee skippee---I love Catered Crop and Linda is a hoot! Great match--I can't wait to see what terrific stuff to create!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your new design team! Love this card...the colors, the twine, the sequins (glad you jumped on that trend ;) ), yeah...pretty much everything.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Breathtakingly stunning, Kim, I love every little bit of it! Congratulations too on the new DT role ... yippee, more inspiration!
    Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super duper card Kim and yay for more sequins...you might have convinced me to jump on that band wagon too! Congrats on your new position ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this ~ I will definitely be CASEing it! What a great way to highlight a sentiment (and a fantastic sentiment too!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I am so glad that you joined this Design Team! Can't wait to see your projects!
    Love your pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. HUGE Congrats on your Catered Crop DT role Kim - I always love your CC creations :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!