Monday, April 8, 2013

A Teeny, Tiny Little Mouse

One of the new sets from The Alley Way Stamps includes this cute little mouse.  I really wanted to use him but I just wasn't having any brainstorms.  So, as usual, I started flipping through the current challenges.  First I saw Freshly Made Sketches - and it was a great fit because the cute little mouse comes with a tag and the sketch includes a shape in the corner!!  But I was still stuck.  Then I got to Inkspirational and saw the colors were "slate" (a mouse color), "pink" (a nose color) and "banana" (a perfect accent).  I so love challenges!!

Tiny Mouse



I am guessing that the good people at Inkspirational had thought they would see a little more pink on the cards.  But I have to tell you that originally I only had a pink nose.  Then because it just didn't seem like enough for the challenge, I came up with the idea of dots so one could be pink - and I LOVE them!!

My plan for this is a baby card - but my husband just snorted when I said I was adding something like "Welcome, Little One" - he didn't think anybody would want to welcome a mouse!!  Then I suggested a cute sentiment from a different TAWS set.  The set is All About You and the sentiment says "Everything little thing is going to be alright."  My husband snorted twice at that and said that no one with a mouse wanted it be alright.

So I have absolutely no idea what this card will be used for!? 

But that little mouse is still pretty darn cute!

  • Stamps: The Alley Way Stamps Tag-Alongs
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Bordering Blue (long retired) and a long-ago pattern in So Saffron
  • Ink: Memento black and Copics, Stampin' Up So Saffron
  • Accessories: Timeless Twine Cape Cod, white Candi Dots colored with Copics




23 comments:

  1. You are right, that mouse is too darn cute. You could always send it to me if you don't know what to do with it. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Sherry - I'd take that adorable mouse and its polka-dot trimmings any day! Your card is quite charming, and in the 'world of whimsical' (which I believe we card-makers venture into, frequently), the wee mouse is perfect for a baby card! It's right up there with 'baby' elephants, giraffes, hippos! Your card has majorly brightened our gloomy, snowy day - THANK YOU!!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the mouse and the polka dots!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really sweet mouse Kim and I love twine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kim
    Fabulous card ... Love the mouse.....
    Hugs sylvie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's gorgeous, and it would make a lovely baby card. Otherwise, how about "Have a Mice Day"?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think it needs a sentiment on the front as it looks really cute as it is! I love the added dots and that twine is a great colour. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable! Love that little mouse. The colors are great too! That little extra dash of pink is perfect. Nice! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally delightful and oh so cute! And I lovelovelove the candi dots!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are right Kim, this card is so cute! And mouse is the cutest! Love the Candi Dots too!
    I think you can give this card to a friend or little kid. This mouse also look like a mouse we use on the computer, so someone who uses computers a lot will love this card too! I think it looks amazing without a sentiment the way it is! This is a beauty of handmade cards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, how cute is this card?! Love the little mouse!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! This is absolutely adorable! I love that twine! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing card Kim...and that mouse, just about the cutest little mouse ever!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're right, that mouse is SO cute! You've made a very sweet and pretty card Kim, what a great take on our colours!

    Hubby was snorting? Tell him he should learn to be more cheesily pleased LOL!

    Thanks so much for joining us at Inkspirational, please come back soon! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute & fun, Kim! Love the colours you chose & those Candi dots! They are so sweet! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on being the "Queen of Clean"!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think this is an adorable mouse and perfect for a baby or an adult! Love the tag and colored dots!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Totally cute ... love how you got to the layout and colours, it's all so perfect together! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Be sure to tell hubby that you're mouse won at Freshly Made Sketches! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  20. TOO cute, Kim! LOVE the sweet image and fabulous CAS feel of this card! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so cute! What a great combination of the challenges. That mouse is darling and your twine detail is great! So glad that you joined us at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is gorgeous Kim, I love that fabulous twine, where is it from?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Adorable card. Congrats on the win!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!