Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Freshly Made Sketches: Tweet Cardinal

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Jen Brum and here’s what I did with it!

Tweet Cardinal


I'm already wildly behind on my Christmas card stash.  It's not so much that I have too many cards to make, but if I don't clear out some of my not-yet-used stash, I won't be able to buy new stash! (I'm guessing you don't believe the no-new-stash part because I don't even believe it myself!) So I made some space in my Christmas stash by using four different die sets. I had pulled a few poinsettias, then this little guy jumped out at me. He's Tweet Cardinal by Spellbinders. I've been doing this hobby for a long time and I remember when it was a big deal when basic-shaped dies like circles and rectangles came out and it was so exciting. Now look at all the dies available. There are so many layers and so much amazing detail. This die is just the cutest!

I stuck with my Spellbinders stash and found the greenery. Then I needed a large sentiment. I have lots of big Merry Christmas but do you ever find "christmas" hard to fit on a card front?  A big one goes across the full card and doesn't tuck neatly into a space like I had in front of my cardinal. So I found this "joy" by Simon Says. Then the background needed a little something so I added a die cut wnoflake background by Concord  & 9th and some sequined snowflakes.

This was a fun card to make. I did the cardinal first and he made me smile the whole time! I hope you hve as much fun playing along with us this week at Freshly Made Sketches.

SUPPLY LIST

Dies: Spellbinders Tweet Cardinal, Spellbinders Parcel and Post Christmas Decorations, Concord & 9th Snowfall Card Front, Simon Says Stamp Large Joy

Cardstock: Stampin' Up Poppy Parade, Real Red and Peach Pie, Taylored Expressions Cilantro and Peapod

Other: Studio Katia Bluebell Pearls, Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear Snowflakes

9 comments:

  1. I have this little guy too and he IS a cutie! Love everything about your card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute little cardinal! This is delightful, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful card Kim! I just love that cardinal! He's so cute! Love the embossed background too. So perfect for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Kim! That cardinal is so cute! The pearls add a nice touch, also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! I love that little bird. He definitely brings out the joy! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the tiny details on this cute cardinal! What a fabulous card, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable! Love the sweet bird!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've said it before, but I really enjoy reading about your card-making process. This is such an adorable little bird!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that bird is just gorgeous and absolutely perfect for the sketch ! Beautiful Christmas card. By the way, I'm totally unable to put myself in a christmas mood until october.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!