Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Freshly Made Sketches: A Mountain of Hugs

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Narelle and here’s what I did with it!

Mountain Hugs


This one was easy! I had a definite need for a card for my oldest son who moved off to Michigan so I send him hugs from Colorado! And I had these colors out on my desk from last week's card.  I love it when it all comes together.  Good thing too because I just got back from my vacation and didn't have time to think too hard about this.

The mountain die is from Erin Lee Creative. This one is just Circle Mountain but there's also one with a river that I used here. The sketch gave me the idea to add some clouds and a bird in the upper right corner.

Vacation went very well.  That area of the country is still on our retirement list (tornade sirens notwithstanding!) It was gorgeous and had everything we are looking for. Biking and hiking trails even within the town; endless fishing; fine dining, basic family joints, an amazing deli, and the Whippy Dip which is a walk-up, no credit card, soft serve twist type of place; a vibrant downtown (no stamping stores, but there was a great yarn store!), dive bars and high end breweries, plus multiple coffee shops to try. And no cicadas!!!  If the tornadoes didn't give it away - we were in Iowa, specifically in Decorah in the northeast corner which is very different from the rest of the state. I'm very aware that I probably won't leave the house in July and August with the humidity but I don't even like summer here in Colorado so that's really no different.

We are actually going to do another little jaunt in just a few weeks and then we'll do a couple next year and it will be decision time!

I hope to see you playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: Avery Elle Simple Sentiments

Dies: Erin Lee Creative Circle Mountain, My Favorite Things Flat Bottomed Clouds, Paper Rose Flying Birds Small, The Greetery Pre-Text Banners

Cardstock: Stampin' Up Gray Granite, Boho Blue, Calypso Coral, Crushed Curry

Other: Stampin' Up Pinewood Planks Embossing Folder

7 comments:

  1. Kim, you had me so excited! I have a Whippy Dip not more than a mile away from me in Michigan!! You can understand why I might have thought you were here?
    Good luck to your son - of course I'm curious where he is in The Mitten!
    I LOve your card - just wonderful!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew this was a Colorado card the moment I saw it! I think your son will enjoy this, Kim it's fantastic! Sounds like a good scouting trip. My hubby keeps saying he wants to live on a deserted Pacific island... I tell him to send me post cards often LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it...so much I went and ordered that die (plus a few other things LOL)!! Fantastic card!! I will be CASEing it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great card! Those mountains speak to my heart!!! Your son is going to love it! I'm glad the vacation went well and you didn't suffer any cicada induced hearing loss!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This die is absolutely perfect for the sketch! love your card! And kind of exciting to be scouting out a new place! Look forward to your next report!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your inlaid die-cutting is wonderful and works perfectly for the sketch! I'm glad you found somewhere which sounds lovely (tornadoes aside)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!