Monday, August 29, 2022

Color Throwdown: A Happy Hello

I'm playing along with the Color Throwdown. The graphic caught my eye and the colors are gorgeous! I decided on butterflies because I felt like the colors were rich and summery and a nice change from the bright spring-like colors that I typically use on butterflies. 

Color Throwdown Happy Hello

I recently stumbled on these butterflies - new from Alexandra Renke - and was instantly in love with their unique shapes and layers. There are 8 of them (I only got 3) and a dragonfly (which I also got). I found them at starlitstudio.net. I've been shopping there for years. I found the shop when I was looking for some older Memory Box dies - which they had (and usually do) - and I keep going back because I always find fun surprises like these butterflies!

Color Throwdown Happy Hello

Thank you to the Color Throwdown for the inspiration for the first outing of my gorgeous new butterflies!!

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: Papertrey Ink Just Sentiments: Happy Hello

Dies: Alexandra Renke Layered Butterfly 1, Layered Butterfly 6 and Layered Butterfly 8

Paper: Stampin' Up Night of Navy (the OLD dsp) and cardstock in Night of Navy, Tranquil Tide and Crushed Curry

Other: Pretty Pink Posh Marigold gems

2 comments:

  1. Those butterflies were a fun find, they're so pretty! They look wonderful in this color combo too. Fantastic card, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the AR butterflies, too, & they are beautiful in these colors, Kim! Really pretty card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!