Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Freshly Made Sketches: Hi and Hello

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Cécile and here’s what I did with it!

Hi Hello Hey


Cécile's description on the FMS blog of her sketch says "we love free thinking, so the square doesn't have to to be a square and the arrows don't have to be arrows."  I did stick with the square but I made a giant step away from the arrows.  I had actually planned to stick with the arrows. Somewhere in my stash is a stamp saying something about choosing your own direction which seemed absolutely perfect for either of my sons who are in the midst of big decisions - and that all seemed perfect for arrows. I looked and looked but no luck in finding the stamp. 

I have no explanation as to how I got from arrows to speech bubbles nor from masculine to pink gingham. Sometimes a crafting session is just like that, isn't it?!

Hi Hello Hey

I've always loved these speech bubbles from WPlus9. The words are part of the bubble, then I cut scraps of coordinating cardstock to put behind the words. All the colors were obviously inspired by the paper - the fun hi's and hello's needed a cheerful paper so the little flowers fit the bill and the pad had coordinating gingham. The three little pearls were just for balance - I got everything adhered and realized it seemed heavier to the right so embellishments to the rescue. 

I hope to see you playing along with us at FMS.  I look forward to browsing the gallery and hoping that somebody uses arrows and that choose your direction stamp that I spent hours trying to find!!

SUPPLY LIST

Dies: WPlus9 Hey Hi Hello, Trinity Stamps Modern Embossed Rectangle Stack

Paper: Penny Black Painted Blooms, Stampin' Up cardstock in Mango Melody, Magenta Madness and Daffodil Delight

9 comments:

  1. Wow! Seeing your take on the sketch left me tickled pink, Kim! I just love how sweet and fresh this card is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crafting sessions definitely take on a will of their own - it's all about the journey sometimes! The speech bubbles are as cute as can be - adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These dies are so fun! And I love the pretty dsp on this sweet card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so darn cute! Love the fun speech bubbles and the patterned paper peeking out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a very sweet card, Kim. Love the gingham. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling ways to say HEY! how are you today??
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your design, Kim, especially your pretty color palette and sweet patterned paper.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved reading how you got from here to there. Sometimes I think my cards are going to end up one way and like yours, end up being something totally different, which is also fun! I love your speech bubbles and your colors. What a creative take on the sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I keep leaving comments and coming back, but they don't show up, so trying on another browser. This is a brilliant idea for the sketch. I love the bubbles and the patterned paper!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!