Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Freshly Made Sketches: Sending Love & Hugs

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by me!!  

1.20.21 FMS  Sending Love 

I have a love/hate relationship with creating the sketch.  I hate it because it makes me nervous.  I want to create something that will be fun for all of you, but it also has to be unique - and it has to be usable.  WAY too much pressure!  I LOVE it because I do what I want to do.  In this case, when I designed the sketch, I knew I had patterned paper and a new flower die set coming.  I don't use a lot of patterned paper, so I put together a sketch that would allow me to use small strips of it.  (And I still cringed at a third pattern - I just did some brick!) Then the flower would be the "any shape" component.

I actually got this die set along with the stamp set because I love the soft look of the watercolor stamp with the die cut accents on top. After I stamped the flower with Poppy Parade (permanently staining my stamp - am I the only one who cringes when using red ink?!) - I decided I wanted the flower to be bolder so I went with cardstock but gave it a little embossed texture.

1.21.21 FMS Sending Love side

I hope to see you playing along with us this week.  I love the inspiration I get in the gallery each week!

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: Framed for You (sentiment)

Dies: Stampin' Up Perennial Petals

Paper: Stampin' Up Flower & Field dsp (sale-a-bration), cardstock in Granny Apple Green, Poppy Parade, Bumblebee

Other: Stampin' Up Gold Glitter Enamel Dots, Brick & Mortar Embossing Folder, Tasteful Textile Embossing Folder

10 comments:

  1. Well, I LOVE this sketch! I had so many ideas for the three strips - and that tells me it's a good one. A lot of times, I am stumped, but this is one I will be returning to! Your card is lovely and I love the brick on the top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pretty pops of color and all of the texture on this fun flower! You definitely reached all of your goals with this sketch -- it's unique, usable and totally fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've created a cute sketch and a cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all I love this sweet card! And the more I see that flower the more I think I need it! Second - great sketch! And third I hate working with red no matter what kind of stamps I am using! I just seem to get it everywhere - especially on a white background! And yep I hate the pinky stain! I use Poppy Parade the most....I can control it better than Real Red...lol...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You came up with a fab sketch and the DT samples show how useful it is. I love your card, the bright pop of color and the Dp are a stunning combination. Hope to get to play with as you've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I am LOVING what you used for the stripes on your card!! So, so COOL!! Amazing design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super pretty card😻😻😻👍
    Congrats , have a nice day😊

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love your sketch this week, Kim, and your card is beautiful with the perfect mix of patterned paper.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just LOVE this sketch Kim - it is very 'useable' (I've already made a couple of cards with it!!) and your card is gorgeous! I actually like the way you created 3 quite different stripes in terms of pattern and texture and that layered flower is the perfect focal point. A triumph all round! And yes, the red ink staining makes me cringe every time too - we clearly have a lot in common!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was a great sketch, very versatile. Love you take on it. The flower is so pretty and I like the added texture from your embossed brick strip.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!