Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Freshly Made Sketches: For You

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Jen Brum and here’s what I did with it! 

1.27.21 FMS

This whole card came about because of that patterned paper. Not that it's anything fancy but I wanted the stripes to show. It's Paper Rose's Dip Dye Basics.  I don't tend to do my own inked backgrounds, but if I can buy paper with the same look - I'm happy!  I wanted an open frame so more showed through. Then after I settled on the Concord & 9th flowers - I realized I had a Concord & 9th sentiment that was also open.

I kind of blew it with the sentiment because the center of the "O" had options for a heart or three little hearts that would have made it more interesting. It was already adhered so too late - but it did give me the idea to use little hearts for the flower centers.

I hope to see you playing along with us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

SUPPLY LIST

Dies: Concord & 9th Fresh Cut Floral 3 and All About You ("for you"), Avery Elle Postage Stamp Frame

Paper: Paper Rose Dip Dye Basics 6x6 pad, Stampin' Up Flirty Flamingo and Mango Melody, Taylored Expressions Peapod and Cupcake

Other: Trinity Stamps Tic Tac Mix Heart Jelly Drops

7 comments:

  1. I love how you framed that fabulous sentiment and the pops of color from the flowers is beautiful! Such a pretty card, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pop of color that the mango gives just makes this so pretty! I love your color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that background too! This is so clean and crisp - perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the postage stamp frame! This is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great card Kim! I love the postage stamp frame and those sweet flowers! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That patterned paper is gorgeous and I can understand why you didn't want to cover too much of it! Perfect compromise and such a wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!