Monday, November 30, 2020

Color Throwdown: Happy Holidays

I love the fresh Christmas colors at the Color Throwdown. I created a slimline background of snowflakes using the colors and added the sentiment with the silver.

11.30 Color Throwdown


The snowflakes are a set from Simon Says.  I got it a while back just to have a wide variety of stamped snowflakes - I have plenty of snowflake dies but not big sets of stamps.  But then I noticed that there were dies in the same shape - not to cut out these snowflakes but to coordinate.  Being an obsessive full-set kind of person, I bought all of the snowflakes on the recent Simon Says sale. Sad, but true - and I bet you can all relate!

For this card, the stamped snowflakes were what I needed because I wanted to use this slimline sentiment stamp from Impression Obsession.  It's a set of five Christmas sentiments.  I purchased it to go with the slimline trees that I used on this card, but that particular card needed a bigger sentiment. I wouldn't let myself tuck the sentiment stamps into my stash without using them - so here it is!  I did have to do some card surgery to make it work.  I originally silver-embossed directly onto the snowflakes but the part on the red snowflake didn't show up unless it was in exactly the right light so it had a shine on it.  First I tried cutting out the sentiment strip and popping it - obviously it didn't change the red snowflake, I just thought it would make the sentiment more prominent.  Then I decided to emboss on vellum and cover the original sentiment.  That works, except I really prefer the crisp white, vs. the muted vellum. Oh well.  I was not going to start over with the snowflakes - not because I didn't want to stamp them, but I had already deep-cleaned the red ink off of them!

Thank you to the Color Throwdown for the inspiration.

SUPPLY LIST
Stamps: Simon Says Stamp Lots of Snowflakes, Impression Obsession Winter Greetings
Dies: Mama Elephant Slim Card Basics

2 comments:

  1. Love the way you've used the colors Kim, this is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is GORGEOUS!! Congrats on the mention on Color Throwdown!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!