Tuesday, November 10, 2020

CAS on Friday: Jolly Enough?

 I had most of this snowman done a few weeks ago and then really struggled with what to do with him.  I was kind of focused on a darker background so he popped - but no matter what I tried, it just didn't work.  Then I saw the CAS on Friday challenge was Christmas.  I know it seems obvious now, but it was like a lightbulb came on.  I gave him a little fun grounding and it stays totally CAS.

11.09 Jolly Enough

I have three adult men in my household.  At least, they think they are adults - I have my doubts on all three of them.  One tries very hard to be cool so no childlike glee at Christmas.  One still wants to be a child but turns 21 four days after Christmas.  And the other one is anti-commercial-Christmas including things like lights on the house - so a bit of a Scrooge right up until worship service on Christmas Eve.  I need goofy, sarcastic cards for all of them - this one is for the Scrooge!

The snowman is from the Tim Holtz Colorize line.  It's fun to put together but if my eyes change much more, I won't be able to see those fiddly little pieces!  I added a little Charlie Brown tree using a twig from Funky Festive.

Thank you to CAS on Friday for pointing me in the right direction for this snowman!

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: Stamping Bella Oddball Festive

Dies: Sizzix Thinlits Tim Holtz Papercut Christmas #2 Colorize, Funky Festive

2 comments:

  1. What a fun snowman...I think even your scrooge will enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed, he IS jolly enough for me!!! Kim, this is destined to become a classic!
    =]

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!